This Creamy Slow Cooker Rotel Chicken Spaghetti is the ultimate comfort food. It’s a delicious and easy recipe that is very kid friendly and will quickly become a family favorite.
If you are on a budget, Spaghetti is a delicious budget friendly dinner recipe to add to your dinner rotation that everyone will love. You can change it up by using different sauces and meat or even go meatless.
I like to serve it with a tossed salad and hot, crusty bread. Save any leftovers for lunch the next day.
Slow Cooker Rotel Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
This cheesy chicken spaghetti is one of those creamy pasta dishes you’ll make over and over again. It’s that good!
This is a great dinner idea for busy weeknights. Everything but the pasta cooks in the slow cooker while you are away. When you get home all you have to do is cook the pasta and add it to the slow cooker and top with cheese.
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Ingredients
You’ll need two chicken breasts (use 3 if you have small chicken breasts), two cans cream of chicken soup, Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (original or mild), chicken broth, small onion, Mexican blend cheese, and spaghetti.
You can use two cans of cream of chicken soup or one can of cream of chicken soup and one can of cream of mushroom soup. Either way tastes great.
How To Make Rotel Chicken Spaghetti In The Slow Cooker
Start by adding 1/4 cup chicken broth to the slow cooker. Then add chicken and diced onion. Salt and pepper chicken to taste.
Pour the Rotel, and Cream of Chicken Soup over chicken. Cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours until chicken is done.
Shred chicken and add it back to the slow cooker. Stir in one cup of Mexican Blend cheese. Add the cooked spaghetti to slow cooker and mix well. Top with one cup Mexican Blend cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Substitutions and Additions
This spaghetti dish is very versatile and you can change the ingredients to your family’s preference.
- Add diced green and red bell peppers.
- Use mild salsa instead of Rotel.
- Instead of Mexican blend cheese add pepper jack cheese or sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add mushrooms if your family likes them.
- You can use 98% fat-free cream soups or homemade cream soups.
- Spice it up by adding some diced jalapenos.
- Add corn, broccoli, or zucchini
- Use Turkey instead of chicken.
Slow Cooker Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75) ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (original or mild)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to slow cooker then add chicken and diced onion.
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste.
- Pour Rotel and Cream of Chicken Soup over chicken.
- Cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours until chicken is done.
- Shred chicken and add back to slow cooker.
- Stir in 1 cup Mexican Blend cheese.
- Add cooked spaghetti to slow cooker and mix well.
- Top with 1 cup Mexican Blend cheese.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes until cheese is melted.