The Fall season would not be complete without candy corn. This Candy Corn Bark recipe perfectly combines sweet and salty. Its fun fall colors and candy corn flavor make this the perfect treat for Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Your family will love this special holiday treat and you will love how easy it comes together. And don't miss my Chocolate Spider Web Halloween Bark which is another fun treat to make.
For candy corn lovers like me this bark will quickly become a favorite and will need to be made every year as soon as the candy corn hits the stores in the Fall.
It's easy to make and easy to transport so it's the perfect treat to take to your office party, church social, Halloween party or give as special Fall or Halloween treats to lucky friends and family.
If half of your family loves candy corn and the other doesn't that's not a problem - just leave them off half of it and add in something else like Reese's pieces! It's easy to swap out the toppings.
Ingredients To Make Candy Corn Bark
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
Just a few ingredients are all you need to make this delicious candy corn chocolate bark.
- white chocolate almond bark
- yellow melting wafers
- orange melting wafers
- Halloween Sprinkles or Fall colored Jimmies
- Pretzel Sticks
- Candy Corn
How To Make Candy Corn Bark
First step is to line a baking sheet with parchment paper and get all the ingredients ready to use.
Then begin by melting the white chocolate almond bark in the microwave. You could also melt it in a double boiler on the stove if you prefer.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark for one minute on high and stir. Then continue melting in 30 second intervals making sure to stir in between, until bark is completely melted.
In two smaller microwave safe bowls, melt the orange and yellow melting wafers (separately) on half power for 30 seconds, continue to melt at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
Spread the white chocolate almond bark ¼ of inch thick on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
Drop yellow and orange melted chocolate randomly on the white chocolate almond bark. Take a tooth pick and swirl the yellow and orange chocolate around to create a marbled effect.
Give the baking sheet a quick tap (up and down) to level the chocolate and bring in air bubbles to the surface so you can pop them with a knife or your spatula.
Now you can add the candy corn, pretzels, peanuts and Fall, Halloween sprinkles or Jimmies randomly throughout the bark.
Once all toppings have been added set aside to allow the chocolate to harden.
After the chocolate has completely hardened you can use a knife to cut the bark or use your hands to break it into pieces.
How To Store Bark Candy
To Store: If you have a cool spot in your kitchen you can store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also store in the refrigerator to keep from melting if it's too warm in your kitchen.
To Freeze: Wrap the Candy Corn bark in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe bag. Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you want to just grab a piece at a time from the freezer you will need to separate them by placing parchment paper between each one so they don't stick together.
Tips For Making Candy Corn Bark
- I don't recommend using white chocolate chips in this recipe because they contain additives to keep them from melting so they do not melt as easily as melting wafers or almond bark.
- You can remove any air bubbles from the bark by gently tapping the baking sheet after you spread the bark and popping them with a knife or spatula.
- Make sure the bark is completely hardened before attempting to break it into pieces.
- This is great for using leftover candy. You can mix it up and add any candy combination and sprinkles. Perfect for using what you have on hand.
Recommended Tools. Here are a few kitchen items that come in handy when making this recipe. (Affiliate links).
Frequently Asked Questions
You could also melt white chocolate melting wafers, like Ghirardelli’s or melting wafers from the baking aisle of a craft store.
Once the bark is completely hardened you can cut it with a knife if you want it cut into uniform squares or you can use your hands to break it into irregular pieces. I like to lift the edge of the parchment paper and use it to grasp the bark so I don't leave any smudges from my fingers.
I hope you enjoy this Candy Corn Bark! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Candy Corn Bark Recipe
- 12 ounces white chocolate almond bark
- 3 ounces yellow melting wafers
- 3 ounces orange melting wafers
- Halloween Sprinkles or Fall colored Jimmies
- 15 - 20 pretzel sticks
- Candy Corn
- ¼ cup peanuts
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt almond bark for 1 minute on high and stir, continue melting at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- In two smaller microwave safe bowls, melt the yellow and orange melting wafers (separately) on half power for 30 seconds, continue to melt at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Spread white chocolate almond bark ¼ of inch thick on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Drop yellow and orange melted chocolate randomly on the white chocolate almond bark.
- Taking a tooth pick swirl the yellow and orange chocolate around to create a marbled effect.
- Add candy corn, pretzels, peanuts and Fall or Halloween sprinkles or Jimmies randomly throughout the bark.
- Set aside to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
- Once the chocolate has hardened use a knife to cut chocolate into pieces that resemble bark or break the chocolate into pieces.