This Chicken Taco Alfredo Pasta recipe infuses the taco flavors everyone loves with Alfredo sauce for a creamy pasta dinner everyone will love! It will quickly become a family favorite.
Any recipe with the word Taco in it is usually a hit at our house. I think I could eat Mexican food every day and not get tired of it.
This recipe is perfect when you want something different but are still craving something with some Mexican flavor.
Chicken Taco Alfredo Pasta Recipe
I love any recipe that comes together really quickly. I usually have everything I need to make this in my pantry and freezer which is great for a quick weeknight meal.
How To Make Chicken Taco Alfredo Pasta
To make this Chicken Taco Alfredo Pasta you will need boneless skinless chicken breasts, taco seasoning, butter, heavy whipping cream, Colby Jack cheese, Rotel, penne pasta, and fresh Cilantro leaves.
The first step is to cook the pasta according to directions on the package.
While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken breasts with taco seasoning. You can use your favorite taco seasoning mix or make your own.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil until sizzling. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 6 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover.
Melt butter in the skillet and slowly pour in heavy whipping cream. Whisk and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle in cheese and add Rotel. Cook until sauce thickens; about 5-8 minutes.
Stir in pasta. Slice chicken into 1/2 inch strips and add to skillet. Stir and then garnish with fresh chopped Cilantro leaves.
Creamy Taco Alfredo Recipe
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomato with green chilis
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped fresh Cilantro leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Season chicken breasts with taco seasoning.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil until sizzling.
- Add chicken breasts and cook for about 6 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover.
- Melt butter in the skillet and pour in heavy whipping cream slowly.
- Whisk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in cheese and add Rotel and cook until sauce thickens, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in pasta.
- Slice chicken into 1/2 inch strips.
- Add to skillet and stir.
- Garnish with chopped fresh Cilantro leaves.