Made with just four simple ingredients, this sweet and tangy Fruit Punch Slush recipe is the perfect summer treat! Cool and refreshing, these homemade slushies taste just like a drink you’d pick up at your favorite local store or Sonic.
When it’s too hot to leave the house stay in and make these fruit punch slushies right in your blender! Made with just four common ingredients, these sweet and fruity drinks are the perfect way to cool off.
Enjoy them at your next movie night, pool party, barbecue, or family get together. And because these drinks can be whipped up in a few minutes, you’ll quickly be back to socializing with all your family and friends.
One of the best things about this fun summer drink recipe is that it’s extremely customizable! You can use pretty much any sweet drink to flavor these homemade slushies—carbonated or still, fruity or sour.
Kids and adults are sure to love these sweet, refreshing fruit punch slushies.
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Fruit Punch - We opted for Hawaiian Punch, but you can use any store bought or homemade fruit punch you’d like.
- Ice - Creates the thick, chilly base of this treat.
- Granulated Sugar - Dissolves into the slush to make it extra sweet.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds just a little extra flavor to this easy dessert drink.
Equipment You’ll Need
It doesn’t take much to make these quick and easy fruit punch slushies! All you’ll need are some measuring cups and spoons, a spatula or wooden spoon, a blender and extra-wide straws for serving. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have this sweet and fruity drink blended up and ready to enjoy.
- Want to create a creamy slush? Try serving your fruit punch mixture over a scoop of vanilla ice cream or drizzle the top with some sweetened condensed milk.
- Give these slush drinks a pop of color by adding a colorful umbrella and bright straw.
- If you have a snow cone machine, you can blend together the fruit punch, sugar, and vanilla and use it as a syrup on top of the powdered ice.
- Trying to eat less sugar? Swap out the granulated sugar for monk fruit or stevia and use real fruit juice instead of fruit punch.
- Not a fan of fruit punch? Don’t worry! You can use almost any sweet drink to create these slushies. Cherry limeade soda, root beer, and raspberry lemonade are a few of my favorites.
How to Make Fruit Punch Slush
- Place the fruit punch, ice, sugar, and vanilla in the jar of your blender.
- Blend until the ice is small and slushy.
- Pour the slush into glasses, serve immediately, and enjoy!
- Use a medium speed on your blender to get the ice to the perfect consistency. If your ice is too chunky, the slushie will be too crunchy to enjoy. However, if you over-blend the drink, it will be watery.
- For this recipe, I used Hawaiian Punch, but Hi-C or any other brand of fruit punch will work just as well.
- For a thicker slushie, omit ¼ cup of fruit punch and for a thinner, more liquid slushie, add ¼ cup of fruit punch.
- I found that store-bought bagged ice blended a little better than the fridge-made ice most refrigerators make. However, I used the fridge-made ice for the photos, and it still turned out great. It just needed to be mixed more.
- These Slush drinks are thick drinks! I recommend purchasing some extra-wide straws for serving as regular straws are a bit too narrow to slurp up the ice chunks. You can also enjoy these slushies with a spoon which is my favorite way.
The key to making these slushies fluffy and smooth is to use a high-powered blender. The more powerful your blender, the more evenly your ice will break down into perfectly sippable chunks. It also helps to choose a base drink that has a good amount of sugar in it. The sugar will slightly froth when blended, adding fluff.
I don’t recommend refrigerating or freezing these slushies for more than 15 or 20 minutes. These fruity drinks are best enjoyed immediately after blending.
Stay Connected! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for the latest recipes.
I hope you enjoy this Fruit Punch Slush Recipe! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Fruit Punch Slush Recipe
- 1¼ cup fruit punch
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients on a medium speed until the ice is blended. You may have to use a spoon or spatula to mix the ingredients a few times to ensure all the ice is blended.
- Divide the slushies among 3 16oz glasses, serve, and enjoy!