If you’re craving something tender, savory, and hearty, you have to try these Air Fryer Steak Bites. Cubed flank steak is coated in olive oil and a homemade spice blend and is air fried to juicy perfection for a quick and easy meal or appetizer.
This recipe uses simple ingredients such as flank steak, steak seasoning, onion powder, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salted butter, garlic powder and dried chives to make tender flavorful steak bites with freshly made garlic butter for dipping!
Air fryer steak bites are everything you love about a rich and hearty steak without the hassle of grilling, baking, or reverse searing! Each steak bite is packed full of juicy flavor thanks to an aromatic blend of spices and the quick cook time of the air fryer.
The steak turns out perfectly seared and tender every time! And if that wasn’t enough, I’ll even teach you how to make your own compound garlic butter to serve alongside these air fryer steak bites.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Steak bites with garlic butter is the perfect flavor combination!
- A fun and unique appetizer or hearty dinner.
- Tasty all on its own or can be used as the protein in other dishes.
- Super easy to make in Air Fryer - takes only 15 minutes from start to finish!
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Steak - As fancy or affordable as you’d like. Cubed flank steak is my go-to cut.
- Olive Oil - Locks in moisture and allows your seasonings to stick to your steak bites.
- Steak Seasoning - I always reach for my garlic and herb steak seasoning, but any premade meat rub will work!
- Red Pepper Flakes - Gives these juicy steak bites a little kick!
- Onion Powder - Adds a ton of onion flavor without adding too much liquid to this dish.
- Homemade Compound Butter - A blend of room temperature butter, garlic powder, and dried chives.
How to Make Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
- Add the cubed steak to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add the steak seasoning, red pepper flakes, and onion powder. Toss well to coat.
- Gently place the seasoned steak bites in the basket of your preheated air fryer. Cook until medium-well or your desired doneness.
How To Make Garlic Butter
- While the steak is cooking, use a hand mixer to whip together the butter, garlic powder, and chives.
- Serve the air fryer steak bites warm with a dollop of garlic butter. Enjoy!
Equipment You’ll Need
No need to pull out the grill pan or turn on the oven to make this delicious steak recipe! Just grab your air fryer, a couple of mixing bowls, some measuring spoons and an electric mixer. In no time, you’ll have a platter full of sizzling steak bites ready to be devoured!
Here are a few items that I recommend (Affiliate links).
- This 3-Piece Pyrex Mixing Bowl Set is what I use frequently in my kitchen.
- These 3-ounce bowls are great for prepping or to use as dip bowls or a small scoop of ice cream.
- I use these Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons and love that they fit in my spice jars.
How To Store
Store: If you have any leftovers, I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When stored properly, they will stay good for up to 3 days.
Leftovers: You can use these leftover steak bites in other dishes like tacos, stroganoff, or stew.
Reheat: Reheat leftover steak bites in a 350° air fryer, oven, or microwave them and enjoy as a quick lunch.
Recipe Tips For Air Fryer Steak Bites
- You don’t want your cubes of steak to be too big or too small; try to keep the bites to 1” chunks. If smaller or larger, you will need to adjust the cooking time.
- Don’t have an air fryer? You can still make these steak bites in a 400°F oven. Simply bake them for 10 to 12 minutes, turning half way through.
- You’ll know that your steak bites are finished cooking when a food thermometer inserted into the center of the bites reads at least 145°F per FDA Guidelines.
- Can’t find any premade steak seasoning? You can make your own by combining salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Always check your Air Fryer manual for instructions and follow their recommended guidelines for cooking meat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The key to tender steak is cooking it at high heat for a short amount of time. Because the air fryer does such a good job at circulating very hot air, these steak bites will cook up juicy and tender in just 10 minutes or less.
If you’re using a particularly tough cut of beef, you can use a meat mallet to tenderize the steak bites before air frying.
Looking to add a little something extra to these steak bites? Try tossing some cubed potatoes, peppers, onions, or mushrooms in with your beef. Just make sure to add some extra oil and seasonings; no need to adjust the cook time or temperature.
I recommend using salted butter for extra flavor. However, if you only have unsalted, you can simply add ½ teaspoon of salt to your butter mixture!
How to Serve Steak Bites
You can serve these steak bites over rice, potatoes, egg noodles, or vegetables to turn this dish into a 15-minute meal! Or you can serve these air fryer steak bites as a hearty and unique appetizer. Simply set them out with a few toothpicks and your compound butter for dipping.
I hope you enjoy these Air Fryer Steak Bites! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Air Fryer Steak Bites
- 1 pound flank steak, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb steak seasoning (or your favorite steak seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Garlic Butter Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl add your cubed steak pieces and the olive oil, steak seasoning, red pepper flakes, and onion powder. Evenly coat the steak pieces in the seasonings.
- Place the steak pieces in the air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes until they are cooked through, or until they have reached your desired doneness.
- While your steak is cooking, mix together the butter, garlic powder, and chives in small bowl.
- Serve the steak bites with the fresh garlic butter and enjoy!