These amazing Baked Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls have all the delicious traditional flavors of Lasagna in buttery toasted individual bread bowls. They are perfect served with a crisp salad.
Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls are filled with Italian sausage, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Lasagna noodles and your favorite pasta sauce.
If you are looking for something different than traditional spaghetti or lasagna and want to switch it up a little bit, this is the perfect recipe! You get all the delicious flavors in a bread bowl.
My family loves soup in a bread bowl so this was a hit and quickly became a favorite. If I have time I like to make this Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce otherwise I use store bought sauce.
This is the perfect recipe! You get all the goodness of Lasagna and garlic bread - combined in one! It is definitely a must try recipe. Everyone will love it.
Reader Favorite on Pinterest
I love hearing how others made my recipes and ways they changed it to use what they have on hand and how they make it to suit their taste. So I thought I would share what others did when they made it.
Loved it!! Super easy to make. Halved the recipe, was just two of us. Used ground beef instead of Italian sausage. Will def make again! - E Schmittler
We didn't have Italian Rolls, so I just bought Italian Loafs, and cut in half. Would be good without the noodles too, I think. Something different! - Jeannie
Made this with added mushrooms, onions and garlic to the sauce, kind of think I could have done with out the lasagna noodles and just made it a bread bowl but still very yummy! - Taylor
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
These Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls are so versatile and you can easily switch out the ingredients to use what you have on hand.
- Use ground beef or chicken instead of Italian Sausage. Or add meatballs to each one instead.
- Add in chopped sauteed vegetables, mushrooms or fresh spinach.
- Use Penne pasta instead of Lasagna noodles.
- Make your own homemade bread bowls.
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Large Italian Rolls
- butter, melted
- garlic, minced
- lasagna noodles
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- whole milk ricotta
- eggs, beaten
- Italian sausage
- pasta sauce
- fresh mozzarella
How To Make Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare lasagna noodles according to package.
Brown meat over medium high heat, add sauce and mix until combined.
In a mixing bowl, add Parmesan, ricotta, and egg. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Cut the very top off of the rolls. Using your fingers, press bread insides into the bottom and sides of the roll, until you have space for you lasagna layers. Add garlic and salt to your melted butter and spread into each bread bowl.
Keeping lasagna noodle whole, place part of the noodle in the bottom of the bowl and add ricotta on top, fold the pasta over the cheese, add ¼ cup meat sauce, and fold rest of the noodle over the top. Top bowl with slice of mozzarella.
Add meat sauce.
Repeat with all 12 bowls.
Next wrap in foil
Bake for 35 minutes. Carefully unwrap the foil and place on a plate before serving.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes To Try
- Pizza Pasta Bake With Pepperoni And Sausage
- Baked Ziti With Ricotta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
- Beef And Noodle Casserole
I hope you enjoy these Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls
- 12 large Italian rolls
- 12 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 32 ounce jar pasta sauce (your favorite brand)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese sliced into 12 equal slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package.
- Brown Italian sausage over medium high heat, add sauce and mix until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, add Parmesan, ricotta, and egg. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the very top off of the rolls. Using your fingers, press bread insides into the bottom and sides of the roll, until you have space for you lasagna layers. Add garlic and salt to your melted butter and spread into each bread bowl.
- Keeping lasagna noodle whole, place part of the noodle in the bottom of the bowl and add ricotta on top, fold the pasta over the cheese, add ¼ cup meat sauce, and fold rest of the noodle over the top. Top bowl with slice of mozzarella.
- Repeat with all 12 bowls then wrap in tin foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Carefully unwrap the foil and place on a plate before serving.