Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad is a flavor packed, quick and easy salad drizzled with homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad
Sometimes I just crave a great salad and this is one of my favorites. It's healthy, full of flavor and so easy to make. Plus it has Avocados in it which I am a huge fan of.
This salad is perfection in a bowl. Tender juicy chicken and crisp lettuce with mozzarella cheese balls, ripe cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and fresh basil leaves drizzled with a homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.
I always marinade the chicken in the Balsamic Vinaigrette before cooking. And I prefer to use grilled or pan seared chicken in this salad. It adds so much more flavor.
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer in this salad. If you don't have cherry tomatoes you can use grape tomatoes, or chopped Roma tomatoes.
Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad With Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 chicken breast, halved
- 5 cups lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup salad mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 cup basil leaves, silced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tap salt
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Sear halved chicken breasts on each side in a medium pan with a teaspoon of olive oil until golden and cooked through.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese balls , basil leaves and chicken.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.