Rich, chewy, and oh-so chocolatey, this no-churn Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream recipe is one of my most decadent desserts to date! With chunks of gooey brownie in every bite, this smooth and creamy homemade ice cream is every chocolate lover’s dream come true.
No-churn chocolate ice cream with brownies is one of those desserts that’s the perfect flavor combination! After one bite of this creamy chocolate brownie ice cream, your friends and family will have a hard time believing that you whipped it up in 15 minutes using only four simple ingredients.
The chewy brownie pieces add both texture and flavor to this chocolate ice cream. And the use of heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk creates a texture and flavor very similar to traditionally churned ice cream.
You'll find the chewy chunks of fudgy brownie suspended throughout a rich chocolate ice cream base to create a dessert that is equal parts smooth, dense, and indulgent. You could also use these Brownie Cookies in place of brownies in this ice cream.
One scoop isn’t going to cut it; everyone will be back for a second helping of this homemade chocolate brownie ice cream. So make extra to share!
The inspiration behind this no-churn chocolate brownie ice cream is the well-loved Brownie a la mode dessert. You will love it!
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Brownies - Store-bought or you favorite homemade recipe. Chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Acts as the smooth and creamy base for this no churn ice cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Perfectly sweetens this dessert without making it grainy or icy.
- Cocoa Powder - Gives your ice cream a deep, pure chocolate flavor.
Ice Cream Variations
Not a huge fan of chocolate? You can make this brownie ice cream with a vanilla base instead! Simply swap out the cocoa powder for a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract.
Make this frozen treat dairy-free by swapping out the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk for whipped coconut cream and coconut condensed milk. Oh, and don’t forget to use vegan brownies as your mix-in.
Get inspired by your favorite brownie sundae when garnishing this chocolate brownie ice cream. I like to top mine with some freshly whipped cream, roasted peanuts, and a maraschino cherry!
You can also top your ice cream with some sprinkles, hot fudge or caramel sauce.
How To Make Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream
A few simple ingredients and a few easy steps are all it takes to make this delicious ice cream.
The first step is to whip the heavy cream and cocoa powder. In a large mixing bowl use an electric mixer to whip together the heavy cream and cocoa powder until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
Next using the electric mixer on low, slowly mix in the sweetened condensed milk and brownie pieces until combined.
Then transfer the ice cream mixture to a metal loaf pan and allow it to chill in the freezer until set.
Scoop, serve, and enjoy!
How To Store
If you have any of this homemade brownie ice cream left over, I recommend storing it in an airtight container.
Alternatively, you can keep the ice cream in the loaf pan you froze it in, just be sure to cover it with two layers of plastic wrap before storing it.
This no-churn ice cream should stay fresh in the freezer for a month. Be sure to let your chocolate fudge brownie ice cream thaw for a few minutes on the counter before scooping and enjoying!
- I love the richness and warmth that a batch of homemade brownies adds to this dessert. If you’re in a pinch for time, brownies or brownie bites from the bakery section of your local grocery store or bakery are a great option.
- You can add some extra texture and chocolate flavor to your ice cream by mixing in some hot fudge or miniature chocolate chips before freezing.
- Normally, I recommend using a rubber spatula to fold the sweetened condensed milk and mix-ins into no-churn ice cream. However, I find that the large pieces of brownie are better distributed throughout your ice cream base if you use a hand mixer on low speed.
Frequently Asked Questions
No-churn ice cream is a method used to make delicious, creamy, scoopable ice cream at home without any expensive or fancy equipment.
Traditional ice cream is made by cooking a custard base, chilling it, and then churning it in a special ice cream churner.
No-churn ice cream is made by simply whipping some heavy cream to stiff peaks and folding in sweetened condensed milk and other flavorings.
The resulting homemade frozen treat is just as rich and smooth as any ice cream you’d buy from the store - it’s just way easier to make!
I used Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder when developing this recipe. I find that it gives this ice cream a deep chocolate flavor without being too rich or overpowering.
However, if you’re a big fan of dark chocolate, you could use Dutch process cocoa powder. The resulting chocolate brownie ice cream will be super chocolatey and decadent.
Here are a few kitchen items you'll need to make this recipe. (Affiliate links).
- Electric hand mixer - I have this Hamilton Beach Electric Hand Mixer. You get a traditional beater as well as a whisk and it comes with a storage case.
- Large mixing bowl - I love this 3-piece Pyrex mixing bowl set and use them all the time.
- 9x5 inch loaf pan - I have several of the Wilton brand pans and they are great quality.
- Ice Cream Scoop
If you love homemade ice cream you might also like this Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe or this Pecan Pie Ice Cream. We love homemade ice cream year-round and these two recipes are perfect for the Fall and holidays.
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Recipe
- 2¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups chopped brownies
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream and cocoa powder using an electric hand mixer. Whip for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and chopped brownie pieces. Using the hand mixer on a low speed, mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour the ice cream into a 9x5 inch loaf pan and cover the ice cream with plastic wrap
- Transfer the loaf pan to the freezer and allow the ice cream to freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Scoop, serve, and enjoy!