My delicious no churn Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe is the perfect treat for when you’re craving something sweet, cool and creamy. Packed with real pumpkin purée and cinnamon, this homemade ice cream is bursting with fun Fall flavors.
Get ready for fall with this delicious pumpkin ice cream recipe! This ice cream uses a combination of cream and sweetened condensed milk to create a velvety texture similar to traditional ice cream.
The pumpkin puree and cinnamon give this ice cream will make you think you're biting into a slice of homemade pumpkin pie.
With just a handful of simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep work, you can make your own homemade pumpkin-pie-inspired ice cream.
Then you can enjoy the warm flavors of a classic Pumpkin Pie Thanksgiving treat year-round! And another Fall flavor ice cream you might like is this Pecan Pie Ice Cream.
Unlike churned ice cream, this no churn recipe can be made with an electric mixer to whip up some heavy cream, fold in some sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin purée, and voila!
You’ve got a rich and creamy pumpkin ice cream base ready to be frozen.
Enjoy this perfectly spiced ice cream as-is or top it with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers for the full pie experience!
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, this no churn pumpkin ice cream is sure to be one of your new favorite desserts.
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Pumpkin Purée - Canned or homemade.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Keeps this pumpkin ice cream light and fluffy.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Sweetens the mixture while also ensuring it remains smooth and scoopable.
- Powdered Sugar - The powdered sugar gives the ice cream some extra sweetness and helps stabilize the whipped cream. This creates a smoother, creamier ice cream.
- Cinnamon - Just a dash will add a sense of warmth to this chilly treat.
How to Make Pumpkin Ice Cream
In a large mixing bowl, whip together the heavy cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks.
Then add the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin purée, and cinnamon and use a spatula to fold everything together.
Transfer the pumpkin ice cream mixture to a loaf pan, cover, and let set in the freezer until firm and scoopable.
Serve cold and enjoy!
This no churn pumpkin ice cream tastes just like you blended a slice of rich pumpkin pie into a luscious, smooth, and creamy ice cream base. The warm notes of cinnamon really bring out the natural sweetness of the pumpkin purée and creamy thickness of the sweetened condensed milk.
Unfortunately, store bought pumpkin ice cream is seasonal. Most companies only sell the flavor in the fall and early winter. However, because you can almost always get canned pumpkin purée at the grocery store, you can make my no churn pumpkin ice cream year-round! Enjoy a scoop of this rich and creamy treat on even the hottest days of the year.
How to Store
Any leftover no churn pumpkin ice cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for one month.
Depending on how cold your freezer is, you may need to let the ice cream sit out on the counter for a few minutes before serving and enjoying.
Ways To Serve Pumpkin Ice Cream
Although you can absolutely enjoy this no churn ice cream on its own, you can also dress it up with some fun garnishes!
Try topping your scoop of pumpkin ice cream with fresh whipped cream, crushed graham crackers, or an extra sprinkling of cinnamon.
Enjoy this homemade ice cream in a bowl with a spoon or stuffed into a waffle cone - it’s delicious either way!
Tips & Variations For Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Add some crunchy texture to this no churn ice cream by adding some graham crackers to the ice cream base!
- Want to add some extra warmth and spice to this pumpkin ice cream? Swap out the cinnamon for your favorite pumpkin pie spice blend.
- Be careful when folding in your pumpkin purée. You don’t want to knock out too much of the air from the whipped cream; this will result in an ice cream that crumbles when you scoop it.
- If you don’t have a loaf pan, don’t worry! You can freeze this ice cream in any freezer-safe container. It may just take a bit longer for your ice cream to completely set.
Try These Delicious Pumpkin Desserts
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe! If you try it, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Use an electric hand mixer to whisk your heavy cream and powdered sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Start on a low speed and work your way up to high speed until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Once the heavy cream reaches stiff peaks, add the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, and ground cinnamon. Use a large spatula to fold the mixture together until smooth and blended.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a 9x5 or 8.5x4.5 inch loaf pan and allow the mixture to set in the freezer for 5 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy!