This 4th of July Fruit Pizza is the perfect dessert to make for Independence Day. A sweet sugar cookie that is topped with a cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit.
Each bite combines the sweet cookie goodness with the vibrant fruity flavor. Whip this up for a show-stopping red, white and blue dessert.
Why You Will Love This Fruit Pizza
- Made From Scratch: This delicious homemade sugar cookie is easy to make and the kids will love helping you whip it up from scratch.
- Fresh Berries: The fresh strawberries and blueberries adds a pop of color and a burst of flavor for this summer dessert.
- Make Ahead: You can make the cookie a day in advance and then frost and decorate it before you are ready to serve it.
- Easy To Decorate: So many fun ways you can decorate this fruit pizza. You can get creative and make an American flag with the strawberries and blueberries or just layer the fruit on for an easy red, white, and blue look.
- Favorite Party Dessert: What's not to love about a large sugar cookie with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit! It's the perfect holiday dessert recipe! Great for a summer cookout, pool party, Memorial day celebration or sweet treat for your 4th of July firework celebration.
This sugar cookie fruit pizza will make both fruit lovers and cookie lovers happy! It's the perfect combination.
Make this 4th Of July Cookie Pizza decorated with rows of sliced strawberries and blueberries then drizzled with melted white chocolate chips for your next party. It's so impressive and delicious!
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
Butter - Make sure to use softened butter to room temperature so it's easier to cream with the sugar. It's ready when you press it with your fingers and it leaves a slight indent in the butter.
Sugar - Granulated sugar is the sweetener used for the sugar cookie base.
Egg - You will need a large egg that is at room temperature. When baking it's best to use room temperature ingredients.
Salt - The salt helps to balance all the flavors in the cookie batter.
Baking Powder - This is the leavening agent in the cookie recipe.
Flour - Use all-purpose flour that is scooped into the measuring cup and leveled off for accurate measurements.
Cream Cheese - Make sure to use room-temperature cream cheese or it will be lumpy.
Powdered Sugar - This is added to sweeten the cream cheese and also make it spreadable.
Heavy Cream - Used for the frosting to create a fluffy and rich flavor.
Fruit - Strawberries and blueberries are what I used in this recipe but feel free to add any type of fruit you like.
White baking Chips - These are optional but they taste amazing drizzled over the top as the finishing touch.
- Ready-To-Bake Dough: Use store-bought ready-to-bake cookie dough roll instead of homemade.
- Change Cookie Flavor: Instead of a sugar cookie base you can use a chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie base.
- Pre-made Frosting: Use store-bought frosting instead of the cream cheese frosting.
- Different Fruit: Add different fruit on top. Kiwi, raspberries, blackberries, mandarin oranges or grapes. So easy to change it up for any occasion.
How To Make 4th of July Fruit Pizza
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until it is light in color and fluffy. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and mix to combine.
- Next add the dry ingredients to a small bowl. Mix to combine. Then slowly add it to the wet batter.
- Spread the dough into a circle on a pizza pan and roll out to about 1/2 inch circle.
- Bake as directed and then allow it to fully cool.
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add heavy cream to large mixing bowl and beat to stiff peaks. Then set aside.
- In a new bowl add the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over the top of the cookie pizza and decorate with rows of blueberries and rows of strawberries. Then melt the white chocolate to drizzle over the top.
How To Store
I find this is best served within 24 hours of making. But if you have any leftover cookie you can refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 2 days. I do not recommend freezing this dessert.
- It is important to spread the cookie dough to the same thickness in pan. This will ensure the cookie bakes evenly.
- The cookie must be completely cool before you spread on the frosting.
- I recommend not adding the fruit on top of the cookie until you are close to serving. The fruit will break down and release juice as it sits on the cookie pizza.
- I try to bake the crust to just slightly underdone because it will continue cooking some when removed from oven and this prevents over-cooking it.
Yes you can. This is a great time saver if you are in a hurry. You can use a pre-made refrigerated cookie dough or package of sugar cookie mix. You may need to adjust the cooking time. Follow the directions on the package.
To prevent your fruit pizza from getting soggy add frosting and fruit as close to serving time as you can and make sure that your strawberries are dry from any excess moisture by lightly patting with a paper towel.
Here are a few items that I recommend and use in my kitchen that are helpful when baking. (Affiliate links).
- If you need a great round baking pan I like this Wilton Premium Non-Stick Pan.
- This 2-Quart Glass Batter Bowl has a handle and pore spout that makes it perfect for mixing up cakes, cookie dough and pancakes.
- If you love to bake check out this cake decorating supplies Kit which also makes a great gift!
I hope you enjoy this Patriotic Fruit Pizza! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
4th of July Fruit Pizza Recipe
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ sugar all-purpose flour
- 8 ounce brick of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried and sliced
- ½ cup white baking chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a round baking pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light then beat in egg.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder and stir together. Then add to butter mixture and mix until dough comes together.
- Shape into a ball and gently press into a circle on a buttered round baking pan.
- Using a rolling pin or your hand, press into a ⅓-½ inch circle.
- Bake in center of oven for 15 minutes, until edges are just beginning to brown, but center still looks slightly underdone.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan.
- To make frosting using electric beaters, beat cream in bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Then fold in beaten cream.
- Spread over top of cooled cookie pizza.
- Arrange sliced strawberries and blueberries on top of pizza.
- Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over fruit.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator.