These easy Patriotic Brownie Bites are made from scratch and baked in a mini muffin pan. Topped with whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries these bite-size patriotic brownies are perfect for Memorial Day or the 4th of July!
Make these patriotic brownies for your next summer cookout or pool party. They are a delicious sweet treat that everyone will love!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Minimal ingredients are needed to make this mini brownie bites dessert.
- Red, white, and blue themed so perfect for a holiday celebration this summer.
- A bite-sized dessert that kids and adults love.
- You can make these brownies ahead of time and then right before serving top them with whipped cream and berries.
These mini brownies are fun and inexpensive to make. They are the best individual desserts to make and are always a hit whenever we make them. They quickly disappear! Plus this recipe makes 20 mini brownies so they are perfect for serving a large crowd.
More delicious red, white and blue desserts to make include this 4th of July Fruit Pizza, Firecracker 4th of July Poke Cake and Strawberry Blueberry Punch Bowl Cake. And for more brownie recipes try these Easy Rolo Brownies and Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Brownies.
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
Eggs - I use large size eggs at room-temperature.
Granulated Sugar - This adds the perfect sweetness to your brownie batter.
Vanilla - The vanilla will balance out the sweetness and tart from the cocoa powder.
Butter - If you use salted butter just omit the salt from the recipe. Also, make sure it is real butter and not margarine.
Cocoa Powder - If you want your brownies to be extra rich use dark cocoa powder.
Whipping Cream - This is used to make the whipped topping for the brownies.
Powdered Sugar - The powdered sugar sweetens the whipping cream just enough without being overpowering.
Fruit - I used strawberries and blueberries for the fruit topping. I do recommend fresh fruit over frozen.
Time Saving Tips
- You can simplify this recipe and save time by using a boxed brownie mix.
- Swap the homemade whipped cream with Cool Whip.
- Instead of washing and preparing fruit you can add red, white and blue sprinkles over the whipped topping for a festive Patriotic dessert. Quick and easy.
- You can use paper liners for fast and easy clean up.
- Add Chocolate Chips - Add either mini dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for even more flavor.
- Espresso Powder - Add ½ teaspoon espresso powder to deepen and intensify the chocolate flavor.
- Frosting - Use frosting to pipe on top of the brownies instead of whipped topping.
- Toppings - Any type of fruit can be used to garnish these bite-size brownie bites. Or used crushed candy bars, M&Ms candies or crumbled cookies.
How To Make Patriotic Brownie Bites
- Mix wet ingredients: In a bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together. Then mix in the butter.
- Dry ingredients: Slowly add in flour, cocoa, and salt and mix batter to combine.
- Pour and Bake: Add brownie batter into a prepared mini muffin pan. Bake as directed until fully cooked through. Let the brownies completely cool.
How To Make Homemade Whipped Topping
- Make Homemade Whipped Cream: In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer beat the whipping cream and sugar until you reach stiff consistency. Once you have the right texture, pour whipped cream into a piping bag.
- Frost and Serve: Frost the mini brownies and then top with diced strawberries and blueberries. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Storing And Freezing
To Store: Due to the whipped topping, you will want to keep your brownie bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The brownies will last up to 3 days. However, you will find the whipped cream will break down a bit as it sits in the refrigerator.
To Freeze: If you plan to freeze the Brownie bites do so before adding the whipped cream and berries. The brownies can be frozen for up to 2 months when stored in an freezer-safe airtight storage container. When ready to eat just thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- You can make brownies in a 9x9 pan and bake and then let them cool. Then slice into 1-inch squares if you don't have a muffin pan.
- It is important to put the brownies in the oven that has been preheated for at least 5 minutes at 350 degrees and place on oven rack that is in the center of the oven.
- The brownies are done when you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean of wet batter.
- These brownies have a whipped topping that will start to melt at room temperature so keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make sure you grease the mini muffin pan to prevent the mini brownies from sticking. When they are done baking allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Once cooled if needed you can run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the pan.
Yes! You can make these brownies ahead of time and then right before serving top them with whipped cream and berries.
I hope you enjoy these Patriotic Mini Brownies! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Patriotic Brownie Bites Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Blueberries, washed
- Strawberries, washed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together until well combined. Then whisk in the butter.
- Next whisk in flour, cocoa, and salt until well combined.
- Divide batter between 20-22 mini muffins tins, filling each ⅞ full. (Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to make it easy!)
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While brownies cool make the whipped cream by beating whipping cream and powdered sugar together until stiff.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with either a round, or star tip. (I use Wilton #1M tip.)
- Pipe whipped cream onto top of brownie bites.
- Then top each brownie with one or two strawberries and a blueberry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.