Today I'm sharing a delicious Peach Bread Recipe that is made with fresh juicy summer peaches and a sweet brown sugar glaze. It's perfect to serve for breakfast, as a mid-day snack or after dinner dessert.
This easy homemade quick bread is a must-make recipe for peach lovers. It's a favorite at our house especially in the summer when peaches are in season.
Why You Will love This Peach Bread
- No Yeast: Mix, pour, and bake is all that is needed for this bread. No waiting for the dough to rise since this is a no-yeast recipe.
- Fresh Peaches: Perfect to make in the summer using fresh peaches. If peaches are not in season you can use diced frozen or canned peaches.
- Sweet Glaze: A sweet simple brown sugar glaze is drizzled on top which completes the flavor of this bread.
- Make Ahead: You can make this a day ahead of time. It's the perfect make-ahead dessert bread.
This delicious Peach Bread is considered a quick bread recipe that has a texture like a muffin or Banana Nut Bread.
Peach season means I am in the kitchen baking lots of peach recipes. If you need a few more peach recipes to try we love these homemade Peach Muffins. They are another great choice for breakfast along with these easy Peach Scones.
A favorite peach dessert is this Peach Upside Down Cake.
Your kitchen will smell amazing while this peach bread is baking. It's delicious warm out of the oven. I like to add a little pat of butter to my slice while it's warm. So good!
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
Peaches - I used fresh peaches but you can also dice up frozen or canned peaches. Just make sure to remove the liquid from canned peaches.
Flour - All Purpose flour is what you need for this bread recipe. To get accurate measurements make sure to spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess with the smooth edge of a butter knife.
Baking Powder - The leavening agent for the bread recipe.
Salt - The salt is going to balance all the flavors of the bread.
Butter - I recommend using real butter (not margarine) for best flavor. Make sure butter is softened so it's easier to cream with the sugar.
Brown Sugar - The brown sugar adds a nice depth of sweetness to the bread.
Eggs - Large room-temperature eggs work best.
Milk - I prefer whole milk for a richer flavor. But you can use low fat milk if that's what you have on hand.
Powdered Sugar - This is the sweetener used to make the sweet glaze.
Vanilla - The vanilla is going to help enhance the flavor of the glaze.
Recipe Variations and Additions
- Add some crunch by adding chopped pecans or walnuts to batter before baking.
- For the glaze you can use 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract instead of vanilla for a twist of flavor.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the bread batter for a warm spice flavor.
- Leave the glaze off and dust with powdered sugar or serve it up plain.
How To Make Peach Bread
- Preheat: Preheat the oven and grease your loaf pan. Set it aside.
- Prep Peaches: Prep the peaches and then toss them in flour. Set it to the side.
- Dry Ingredients: Next add all the dry ingredients into a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Cream Ingredients: In a large bowl add the butter and sugar and whip for 2 minutes to make it whipped and creamy.
- Add Eggs: Add in the eggs and milk and mix well.
- Mix in Dry Ingredients: Now you will add in the dry ingredients mixing till fully combined.
- Peaches: Then you will fold in the prepared peaches.
- Pour and Bake: Pour the batter into the pan, and bake as directed.
- Cool Bread: Once done remove from oven and allow to cook in pan for 10 minutes. Then turn onto a wire rack and allow to completely cool.
How To Make The Glaze
- Add Glaze: Once the bread is cooled, make the glaze by combining butter, milk, and brown sugar and heating until butter is melted. Bring to rolling boil then remove from heat. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and stir. Drizzle glaze over the top of peach bread. Glaze will be thick.
- Drizzle and Serve: Drizzle the glaze over the bread and serve.
Best Way To Store and Freeze
Refrigerate: This sweet bread should be stored in the refrigerator in a airtight container. I find that bread made with fresh fruit is best when eaten within 2 to 3 days.
Freeze: If you prefer to freeze the bread simply wrap in plastic wrap and freeze it in a freezer safe airtight container for up to 2 months. I recommend freezing before adding the glaze. When you are ready to use thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
Recipe Tips For The Best Peach Bread
Making this peach bread is not hard and I've got a few tips to help you successfully bake the perfect loaf!
- It's important to make sure that the peaches are ripe for this recipe. They need to be slightly soft to the touch but not mushy. Avoid peaches that are bruised or blemished. If you press the peach and it's real firm then it's not ripe enough.
- You can peel the peaches or leave the skin on if you like the texture. And that saves time.
- Canned peaches can be used if you drain them well then pat them dry to remove excess moisture from the juice in the can. Otherwise it will change the texture of the batter.
- Be careful and don't overwork the batter. Overmixing it can make your peach bread tough instead of soft and moist.
- The glaze will be thick so work fast spreading it because it will set up quick.
It usually takes about 2 fresh peaches to make 1 cup of chopped peaches. The exact number varies depending on the size of your peaches. If you have smaller size peaches it may take more.
Nectarines are a good substitute for peaches and can be used in equal measurements.
If you love quick bread recipes here are a few of our favorites:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Glazed Strawberry Bread
Stay Connected! Subscribe to my newsletter.
I hope you enjoy this Peach Quick Bread recipe! If you try it, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Peach Bread Recipe
- 1 cup fresh chopped peaches
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour (to toss with peaches)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare 8 Inch x 4 Inch Loaf Pan by spraying with a cooking spray then set aside.
- In small bowl combine peaches with 2 teaspoons flour. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine 1½ cups flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and milk to butter mixture and mix well.
- Then stir in the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Don't overmix.
- Gently fold in the peaches.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on the center oven rack for 70 to 75 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then loosen the edges of the loaf from pan with a butterknife and turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a sauce pan combine the butter, milk and brown sugar. Heat, stirring until butter is melted. Bring to a rolling boil then remove from heat.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled peach loaf and spread evenly, working quickly as glaze sets up fast.