These homemade Peach Muffins are made with fresh juicy peaches and topped with a brown sugar cinnamon crumb topping. Perfect for a quick breakfast or mid-day snack.
These easy peach crumb muffins are ready in under 30 minutes and use pantry staple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Why You Will Love These Muffins
- These delicious peach muffins are made from scratch and easy to make.
- You can use fresh or frozen peaches so you can enjoy them year-round.
- Make it ahead of time and have it ready for breakfast, brunch, or even a dessert.
- Kid-friendly treat that is a great way to get more fruit into their daily diet.
- Bakery-style muffins that are budget-friendly.
It's that time of year when peaches are in season. And there is nothing better in the summer than juicy fresh peaches! For me that means making delicious peach recipes like these fresh peach muffins I'm sharing today and this Peach Bread Recipe.
Peach season is here! If you are a peach lover like me, gather all your ingredients and let's make some muffins!
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
Butter - I use softened butter for this recipe. I don't recommend using margarine when baking.
Flour - All-purpose flour is needed for the muffins and the crumb topping.
Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar - You will use both types of sugar for the muffins. It creates more dimension in flavor.
Cinnamon - Cinnamon is used in the crumble topping and adds a warm spice flavor to the muffins.
Baking Powder - This is the leavening agent. Make sure the baking powder is fresh and active and hasn't expired.
Salt - The salt is used to enhance the flavor of the muffins.
Egg - You will need a large egg.
Buttermilk - The buttermilk helps to create a light and tender muffin.
Vanilla - Vanilla extract balances out all the flavors of the muffin and enhances sweetness.
Peaches - Fresh peaches are used for this recipe. Make sure to use diced bite-size pieces.
Muffin Variations and Substitutions
- You can add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the muffins for a warm spice flavor.
- Replace the peaches with nectarines. They are similar to peaches and an easy substitute.
- Add chopped walnuts, macadamia nuts or pecans for extra flavor and crunch.
How To Make Peach Muffins
Process steps to make these easy peach muffins. See recipe card for full instructions.
- Preheat and Prep - Preheat the oven and then place the muffin liners in the muffin cups. Set aside.
- Crumble Topping - In medium bowl add all the ingredients for crumble topping and mix to combine.
- Dry Ingredients - In a large bowl add the dry ingredients for the muffins. Mix together and set aside.
- Wet Ingredients - Add in the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Peaches - Gently fold in the peaches, mixing to combine.
- Pour and Bake - Pour the peach muffin batter into the pan, and then top each muffin with crumb topping and bake as directed. Place on wire rack to cool.
How To Store and Freeze
Store - You can store the peach muffins in a airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Freezer - To freeze place cooled muffins in a freezer safe container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to use thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Baking Tips For Best Peach Muffins
- It’s best to use fresh or frozen peaches. I find canned peaches to be too soft and watery which adds a lot of moisture to the batter and can ruin the texture of the muffins.
- Don't overmix the batter when you combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix just until combined to avoid dry and tough muffins.
- Aim to fill each muffin tin with the same amount of batter. This will ensure the muffins bake up evenly.
- Evenly spread the crumb topping over the tops of the muffins so the whole top is covered.
- When ready to bake make sure you place muffins on the center oven rack in a preheated oven.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before you place them in a container for storage.
Yes you can leave the skin on. The skin softens while baking. I peeled them for this recipe but peeled or unpeeled will work in these muffins.
Yes you can skip the crumble topping and make the muffins plain or make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on top of the baked muffins for extra sweetness.
If you love starting your morning with warm muffins fresh from the oven then here are a few of our favorites to try.
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
- Cranberry Banana Muffins
- Mango Muffins
I hope you enjoy this Peach Muffin Recipe! If you try it, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Peach Muffin Recipe
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peaches, diced into ½ inch or smaller pieces
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan lining a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the streusel by mixing butter, flour, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon together until crumbly and completely combined and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
- Then add the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Next add peaches and gently fold in.
- Divide the muffin batter between 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Evenly sprinkle crumb topping over muffin tops.
- Bake in center of oven for 18 minutes until edges are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.