These Mango Muffins are so moist and delicious and make the best breakfast, brunch or snack. My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can seriously just throw everything in at the same time, mix it up and they come out perfectly every time! One bowl recipes are such a time saver.
If you are tired of making the same old muffins and are looking for a new recipe to try you must make these Mango Muffins to give your taste buds a real treat. These are so flavorful and simple to make.
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
Mango - Cubed fresh and ripe mangos.
All-Purpose Flour - For accurate measurements use a spoon to add flour to a dry measuring cup and level off the excess with the smooth edge of a butter knife.
Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar- These muffins are sweetened with white sugar and brown sugar.
Eggs - You will need two large eggs.
Baking Soda - Leavening agent.
Butter - Make sure to use softened butter.
Orange and Vanilla Extract - Adds tangy and sweet flavor.
Substitutions and Variations
- Add some chopped macadamia nuts, pecans or walnuts to the muffins. They pair well with the mangos.
- Drizzle a simple vanilla icing over the top.
- If you don't have mangos you can use diced peaches or nectarines instead.
- Top muffin batter with sweetened coconut flakes before baking for more flavor and a little crunch.
- Add in some white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. Chocolate always makes anything better.
How To Make Mango Muffins
To start you'll need to cut your mango. Learn how to properly cut a mango here.
In a mixing bowl add the mango, sugar, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, eggs, baking soda, orange and vanilla extract and butter. Stir until all ingredients blended.
Grease the muffin pan and then scoop or spoon the batter into the muffin wells.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean when testing the center.
How To Store
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer: These freeze really nicely! Allow to cool completely then place in a freezer safe container or freezer safe bag and freeze in a single layer. Freeze for up to 2 months. I prefer to use within one month to reduce chance of freezer burn.
- Egg Replacer: If you don't have eggs you can make flax eggs instead which is what I used in this recipe. Flax eggs is made with 2 tablespoons flax meal mixed with ¼ cup warm almond milk. Let the flax eggs thicken before mixing into the muffin batter.
- Avoid overmixing the muffin batter or your muffins will be tough.
- When baking try to use room temperature ingredients.
- Since oven temps can vary depending on brand, start checking muffins at minimum baking time to see if they are done. If a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the muffins are done.
I hope you enjoy this Mango Muffin Recipe! If you try it, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Mango Muffin Recipe
- 3 cups fresh ripe mango cubed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp orange extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add all ingredients and stir until combined.
- Grease the muffin tin and then scoop or spoon the batter into the muffin wells.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean when testing the center.
- Cool slightly and remove from the pan then place on a cooling rack.