Today, I have a refreshing and creamy lime pie that requires minimum prep and only a few simple ingredients; it's always a hit! All you need to make this no-bake dessert is a graham cracker crust, lime Jello, whipped topping, and water.
This lime Jello pie is perfect for spring and summer, and we like to make it for St. Patrick's Day and Easter.
If you are looking for an easy, no-bake pie that is budget-friendly and delicious, this lime pie is it! This pie has a consistency similar to whipped yogurt.
This is the kind of dessert I like to take to potlucks when I need something easy to make ahead of time.
If you don't have any lime Jello on hand, this No Bake Key Lime Pie is another delicious option to make.
See the printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Lime Flavored Jello - To make the filling, you will need a 3-ounce box of lime-flavored Jello.
- Water - You will need boiling water and icy cold water.
- Whipped Topping - Cool Whip is what I use to save time, but you can also use homemade whipped topping.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust - You can use a pre-made graham cracker crust or make your own.
- Garnish: I like to garnish with whipped topping and lime slices.
How To Make Lime Pie
The first step is to make the lime gelatin (Jello). Start by whisking the lime gelatin into boiling water in a large mixing bowl until the Jello fully dissolves. Then, whisk in the cold water.
Next, stir in the cool whip until fully combined.
Then, spoon the lime pie filling into a 9-inch graham cracker pie crust.
Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 6-8 hours. I like to make it ahead of time and let it chill overnight.
You can garnish the pie with additional whipped topping and lime slices if you want to fancy it up a bit!
Storing and Freezing
To Store: Keep the pie covered or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To Freeze: I don’t recommend freezing this pie. The gelatin does not hold up well when frozen.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice for extra flavor.
- Mixing the Jello with Cool Whip gives the pie a light green color. For a deeper color, you can add a drop of green gel food coloring.
- I think this pie is best when it's allowed to chill overnight. It's firmer and is easier to serve.
How long in advance can I make this lime pie?
You can prepare this Jello pie a day in advance. Please be sure to store it in the refrigerator and wait to add garnishes until ready to serve.
Can I use another flavor of Jello instead of lime?
Yes, you can! This pie is so versatile. You can use any flavor of Jello that you like. We like strawberry, raspberry, watermelon, and orange flavors.
How do I make a homemade graham cracker crust?
It's easy to make your own graham cracker crust. You'll need one cup of graham cracker crumbs, three Tablespoons of granulated sugar and six Tablespoons of butter, melted. Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate for one hour before adding pie filling.
Need more no-bake pies? Here are a few of our favorites.
I know you will enjoy this delicious lime pie. It's a cool and refreshing dessert that's easy to make and perfect for any occasion!
Lime Pie Recipe
- 3 ounce box lime Jello
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 cup icy cold water
- 8 ounces cool whip topping (thawed)
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- whipped topping and lime slices (optional garnish)
- Whisk together the contents of the lime Jello packet and boiling water in a large mixing bowl until the Jello fully dissolves.
- Whisk in the cold water.
- Stir in the cool whip topping until fully incorporated.
- Pour the pie filling into a prepared 9-inch graham cracker pie crust and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator to chill for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Serve as is or garnish with additional whipped topping and lime slices; enjoy!