This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is a creamy dessert with a sweet graham cracker crust and a luscious filling of cream cheese and peanut butter. Topped with fluffy whipped cream, mini Reese's, and peanuts, it looks as great as it tastes!
The pie is easy to make and requires no baking, making it completely hassle-free. Its light and creamy peanut butter flavor is completely irresistible.
This No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is a slice of heaven and is the easiest recipe ever. The buttery graham cracker crust, the smooth peanut butter cream cheese filling, and the fun toppings all come together to make a delicious peanut butter pie without heating the kitchen.
The best part is no baking required! Pop it in the fridge, and in two hours, you have a delicious and impressive dessert. Pro tip: Make it the night before your gathering, and it’s ready whenever you are!
I love to top it with whipped cream, mini Reese’s, and peanuts, but you could use any candy, nuts, and drizzles you love. Chocolate syrup would be a decadent touch!
See the printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Graham cracker crumbs: Creates the sweet and crunchy base for the peanut butter pie.
- Granulated sugar: Adds sweetness to both the crust and the creamy filling.
- Butter: Melted butter binds the graham cracker crumbs for the crust.
- Cream cheese: Room temperature cream cheese provides a rich and creamy texture to the filling.
- Creamy peanut butter: Infuses the filling with that classic peanut butter flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream: Adds a light and airy consistency to both the filling and the topping.
- Mini Reese’s: Optional, but highly recommended for the perfect finishing touch.
- Peanuts: Optional, but I love them for adding a crunchy element to the topping.
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
First, set out the cream cheese ahead of time so it can come to room temperature while you’re working on the crust.
Grab those graham crackers and crush them into crumbs, or use store-bought graham cracker crumbs to make life easier. Mix them with sugar and melted butter. Press that combo into a 9-inch pie plate for the crust. Put it in the fridge while we move on to the filling.
Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar with a hand mixer or a stand mixer until it's all smooth.
In another bowl, beat the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold that into the peanut butter mix gently.
Now, pour that creamy goodness into the crust. Pop it back in the fridge for an hour or more.
Time for the topping! Whip more cream with sugar until it's standing tall. Spread that over the pie and then top however you want! I love to sprinkle chopped mini Reese's and peanuts on top.
When you're ready to serve, grab a big slice. Pro tip: Dip your knife in hot water before cutting for a clean slice.
- Make an Oreo crust. Use crushed Oreos instead of graham crackers to give it a chocolate crust.
- Add a chocolate drizzle. This no-bake peanut butter pie would be even more decadent with drizzled melted chocolate over the top. Use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate!
Make Ahead, Storing and Freezing
- Make Ahead: I love that you can make this pie the day before you want to serve it! After applying the whipped cream topping, cover the pie tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Store: Leftover peanut butter pie should be covered with plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 2-3 days.
- Freeze: If you want to freeze your peanut butter pie, do so before adding the whipped cream topping. Wrap the pie securely in plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Thaw the frozen pie in the refrigerator for several hours before serving, and then add the whipped cream topping just before serving.
- To make the peanut butter filling, you can use granulated sugar or powdered sugar for this recipe. I’ve tried both, and the granulated dissolves, so the result is the same.
- Use store-bought graham cracker crumbs to make life easier. If you do decide to crush your own, you’ll need about 7 rectangular sheets.
- Be sure to let the cream cheese set out long enough to get to room temperature before you begin making the filling. This ensures that you get a smooth filling with no lumps.
- Dip your knife in hot water before cutting for a clean slice.
How do I prevent the whipped cream from deflating when folding it into the filling?
Make sure that the whipped cream is beaten to stiff peaks, and gently fold it into the peanut butter mixture using a spatula. Avoid overmixing to maintain the light and fluffy texture.
Can I use a store-bought graham cracker crust instead of making my own?
Certainly, a store-bought crust can be a time-saving alternative. However, making your own crust allows for customization and a fresher taste.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy for the filling?
Absolutely! Using crunchy peanut butter will add an extra layer of texture to the filling, providing some crunch.
We love no-bake pies, and here are a few of our favorites you might like to try!
You'll love this No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie because it's like a creamy peanut butter dream on a sweet crust – no oven needed! It's easy, it's delicious, and it's the perfect treat for any day that deserves a sweet ending.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 7 sheets of graham crackers)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup chopped mini Reese’s (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon peanuts (optional)
- Use a food processor to crush graham crackers into crumbs.
- Add in sugar and butter, mixing well.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie plate and press into the bottom and sides.
- Refrigerate the crust while making the filling.
- To make the filling, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and ¾ cup sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and place the pie back into the refrigerator.
- Beat ¾ cup cream with 2 Tablespoons sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over the top of the pie, and sprinkle with chopped Reese’s and peanuts.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve.