This delicious Tex Mex Hamburger Soup recipe is quick and easy and tastes like it cooked all day. It's the perfect weeknight dinner!
I could eat soup, stew or chili every day in the winter. As soon as the weather turns cooler that's what I start craving. Thankfully my family loves all kinds of soups so they don't get tired of them.
I save any leftovers to enjoy for lunch the next day. You can also freeze leftovers to have on hand for quick lunches or dinners when you don't have time to cook.
Tex Mex Hamburger Soup
What I like about this Tex Mex Hamburger soup is that it's so easy to make. This is one of those recipes that all you have to do is brown the ground beef and then throw the rest of the ingredients in the pot and let it cook.
This Tex Mex Hamburger Soup is a mixture of beef, beans, corn, tomatoes and seasoning. It's so good and a favorite at our house.
We like our vegetables chopped a larger size but you can chop them however your family prefers. If you have picky eaters sometimes it's better to finely chop them.
Tex Mex Hamburger Soup Ingredients
To make this Tex Mex Hamburger Soup you will need ground beef, green bell peppers, yellow onion, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, pepper, and water.
Scroll to the bottom for printable Tex Mex Hamburger Soup recipe!
How to make Tex Mex Hamburger Soup.
To get started making this delicious Tex Mex Hamburger Soup, make sure you have all your ingredients ready.
First you will need to brown the ground beef in a large stockpot and drain the excess grease.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
Simmer on medium heat for roughly 45 minutes.
Serve and enjoy! This would be great with some homemade cornbread.
Substitutions and Tips For Making Tex Mex Hamburger Soup
- If you don't have all the spices on hand you can substitute one envelope of taco seasoning.
- This recipe is so versatile. You can leave out onions if your family doesn't like them or use red peppers instead of green.
- This can also be put in the slow cooker. Just ground your ground beef first and then add everything to the slow cooker and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Tex Mex Hamburger Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 14 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 16 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups water
- In a large stockpot, brown the ground beef and drain any excess grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well until well incorporated.
- Simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes.
More delicious recipes to try!
If you loved this taco soup, you'll love this easy taco casserole recipe!
Or how about this chicken taco alfredo pasta recipe?