With this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe, you can prepare a delicious Starbucks inspired drink from the comfort of your own kitchen and you control the ingredients.
Pumpkin flavored coffee is a fall tradition. But why head to the drive thru every time you’re craving a fall treat when you can easily make your own coffeehouse inspired drinks at home for a fraction of the price?
What is in a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew?
Making your own pumpkin cold brew coffee at home is easier than you think! That’s because you can whip up a batch of sweet cream and keep it in your refrigerator to enjoy for several days in a row. All you need are five simple ingredients - heavy cream, milk, Pumpkin puree, vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
What Coffee is Best for Pumpkin Cold Brew?
Preparing your cold brew at home is a great way to save money on your favorite coffee. But picking the right type of cold brew is essential to get that true coffeehouse flavor! And since there are several easy ways to enjoy cold brew at home, you’ll have your pick of delicious drinks to enjoy.
When you are preparing your pumpkin coffee at home, try using these different types of cold brew:
- Starbucks cold brew concentrate. To get the full Starbucks experience at home, try using Starbucks cold brew coffee concentrate when making your iced pumpkin coffee. To prepare your cold drink at home, start by mixing your coffee concentrate with water, pour it over ice, and add your pumpkin cream to the top.
- Other store-bought coffee brands. In addition to Starbucks, there are several other delicious cold brew coffee brands to choose from, including Stok and Califia Farms. You can typically find these options in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- Homemade cold brew coffee. You can also make your cold brew at home by allowing coffee grounds to steep in water overnight in the refrigerator. Once the coffee has been brewed, strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer to remove the grounds.
See the printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
To make your own pumpkin sweet cream to add to your cold brew coffee, you’ll need:
- Heavy cream
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
How To Make Pumpkin Sweet Cream
To enjoy a fall-inspired Starbucks coffee at home, you only have to make your own pumpkin sweet cream. And luckily, it’s easy to do if you have the right ingredients and equipment at home.
The first step to making your sweet cream is to combine the heavy cream, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a mason jar.
Once you add all the ingredients, all that’s left to do is mix. Using a milk frother is the quickest and easiest way to turn the cream into a frothy foam. Hold the frother in the jar, moving it up and down slowly, until the milk becomes light and bubbly.
How To Make a Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee
Now that you have your pumpkin cream ready to enjoy, you can finish preparing your coffeehouse drink. And once you try this simple recipe, you’ll never pay extra for Starbucks again!
First, fill a glass with ice and add the cold brew coffee. Fill the cup around two-thirds of the way full, leaving enough room to add your cream to the top of the glass.
After the cream is light and foamy, slowly pour it over the top of the coffee until the glass is full. Stir to mix the cream into the coffee and enjoy!
How To Make Sweet Cream Without a Milk Frother
While having special equipment is the best way to prepare this fall-flavored creamer, there’s no reason you can’t make your sweet cream at home without using a frother. You’ll just have to put a little bit of extra work into mixing your ingredients!
Start by combining the sweet cream ingredients in your mason jar. Then, add the lid to the jar and screw it on tightly to prevent it from leaking.
Shake the jar vigorously for one to two minutes, until the cream begins to froth and bubble. Continue shaking the jar before each serving to mix the ingredients and froth the milk and cream again.
How To Store
This easy iced coffee tastes best when it’s enjoyed right after it’s prepared. So, if you don’t plan on drinking your cold brew right away, I would suggest storing the coffee and cream separately until you’re ready to mix your drink.
The sweet cream can be stored in the jar with the lid on and kept in the refrigerator for up to four days. Before using the cream, mix it with the milk frother or shake the jar until the cream begins to foam.
Can I Use Pumpkin Sweet Cream in Hot Coffee?
This delicious foamy cream pairs perfectly with cold coffee. But that’s not the only way it can be enjoyed. In addition to pouring it over your iced coffee, you can also add it to hot coffee.
Just pour the pumpkin cream into the mug and stir to mix the cream into your hot morning cup of Joe.
More delicious drink recipes!
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe! If you try it, please come back to rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vanilla syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cold brew coffee
- In a mason jar, combine the heavy cream, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Using a milk frother, mix the ingredients inside the jar for one to two minutes, until the cream is light and foamy.
- If you don’t have a milk frother, place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously for two minutes until bubbles form in the cream.
- Add ice to a glass and pour in the cold brew coffee, filling the glass around ⅔ of the way full.
- Pour the pumpkin sweet cream over the top of the coffee and enjoy.
- Store leftover pumpkin sweet cream in the refrigerator.