These Peppermint Cheesecake Cookie Cups are the perfect treat for your holiday dessert table. Chocolate cookie cups are filled with a creamy peppermint cheesecake filling to make a dessert that is delicious.
Christmas is coming up and that means we all need recipes for gatherings with friends and family, and other holiday events. These peppermint Cheesecake cups are the perfect dessert and you’ll love how easy they are to make.
Why do these make the perfect Christmas treat? They are easy to make and easy to take. I love making these to take for our ornament swap party with friends.
To make these it all starts with a soft chocolate cookie dough. This is pressed into mini muffin pans to create a cookie cup, a sort of crust for your candy cane cheesecake.
Then we’ll be filling it with a light and creamy mixture of cream cheese and whipped cream flavored with candy canes and peppermint. How easy is that?
In less than 30 minutes you will have mini peppermint cheesecakes that will impress everyone.
See the printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Chocolate cookie dough- This will be made using pantry staples including flour, cocoa, baking soda, butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- The no-bake cheesecake filling has heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and sugar which comes together in the most delicious way.
- Peppermint extract and crushed candy canes will provide the wintery candy cane flavor that your guests will love.
Time Saving Tips
Make your whipped cream and cookie cups the day before so assembling these cheesecake bites will be a breeze!
To save even more time, skip making the homemade cookie tough and use store-bought dough! Just be sure to keep an eye on them while cooking so they don’t get overdone.
How To Make Peppermint Cheesecake Cookie Cups
First Step Is To Make The Cookie Cup.
Start by mixing together the flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a bowl, then set aside.
Next, in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl, cream together the brown sugar, and butter with a hand-held mixer or stand mixer.
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Now it's time to stir the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together. Slowly add in the flour cocoa mixture and beat until combined.
Using a mini cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough and roll it into ¾-inch balls. Place the cookie dough balls into muffin tins and press down the center with your thumb or a small measuring spoon.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 14 minutes.
Once baked the cookie cups will be puffed up. I use the back of a small measuring spoon to press down the center. It works great.
It's best to allow them to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes or so until they are not too hot for you to safely transfer to a cooling rack.
Second Step Is To Make The Filling.
First you'll need to prepare the heavy cream. In a medium bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Next you will beat the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract together in a large mixing bowl. Then fold in the cream and crushed candy canes.
Third Step Add Filling To Cookie Cups.
I find it easier to pipe the filling into the cookie cups. But you can just spoon it in if you don't have a piping bag.
You can garnish the top with crushed candy canes for a more festive look.
Storing and Freezing
Refrigeration: Store Candy Cane Cheesecake Bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezing: Freeze the bites in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet until firm, then transfer to airtight containers or freezer bags for one month. I leave the crushed candy cane topping off if I plan to freeze them. You can sprinkle them on before serving.
Defrost and Serve: To enjoy, thaw frozen bites in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Can I use a different flavor cookie dough?
Yes, you can. Switch out the cookie dough recipe with any cookie recipe you prefer. These mini cheesecake bites would be great in sugar a cookie cup, snickerdoodle, or chocolate chip cups.
Can I leave out the peppermint extract?
You can, but the candy cane flavor would be very light, so I really recommend adding it. Use pure peppermint extract and not imitation for the best flavor.
If you try these peppermint cheesecake chocolate cookie cups, be sure to come back here to rate the recipe and leave a comment.
Peppermint Cheesecake Cookie Cups
Cookie Cup Ingredients
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- With a handheld mixer (or stand mixer) cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- Next beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- To make the cookie cup scoop the cookie dough with a tablespoon or mini cookie scoop and roll into ¾-inch balls. Place the balls into a greased mini-muffin pan and press the center with your thumb or a small measuring spoon.
- Bake for 14 minutes until set but still soft.
- Use a small measuring spoon to press down the center of the cookie cup which may have puffed up while baking.
- Allow to cool for about five minutes in the pan or until cool enough to handle and then transfer to a wire rack.
- While the cookie cups are cooling, beat the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract together.
- The fold in the cream and crushed candy canes.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the cookie cups.
- Garnish with crushed candy canes. (optional)