These easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls are stuffed full of spicy chicken filling. The cream cheese makes it creamy and the mozzarella cheese provides the perfect balance to the heat of the Buffalo sauce.
The filling to these sliders is smooth and spicy. The buffalo sauce and chicken create a delicious, savory flavor.
This quick and easy recipe only takes 30 minutes to complete so it’s perfect for weeknight family dinners after a long day.
The delicious flavors blend together wonderfully as these sliders bake to perfection, leaving you with amazing buttery sliders that the whole family will love.
Why You Will Love These Chicken Sliders
- Just 6 ingredients, easy to make and done in 30 minutes!
- Perfect to serve for game day, at parties or as your main meal with easy sides.
- These are delicious with the perfect balance of flavor.
- Simple recipe that uses simple ingredients. Meals don't have to be complicated.
We love to serve these Buffalo chicken sliders with Bacon Ranch Coleslaw, Old Fashioned Potato Salad or Cajun Corn On The Cob. Add a vegetable tray and ranch dressing and you've got a meal everyone will love.
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Cream Cheese - Brought to room temperature.
- Buffalo Sauce - Gives the dish its spice and tang.
- Grilled Chicken - Pre-packaged chicken or freshly grilled.
- Hawaiian Rolls - Savory or sweet rolls. I think Hawaiian rolls are the absolute best buns for sliders!
- Mozzarella Cheese - Freshly shredded.
- Salted Butter - Gives the rolls a delicious golden-brown finish.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl whip cream cheese until smooth. Add the buffalo sauce and diced chicken, mix until well combined.
Cut rolls horizontally without separating to create a large sheet for the top and bottom.
Place the bottom rolls on a baking sheet or baking dish and spread chicken filling, top with mozzarella cheese and then add the top half of rolls.
Spread melted butter over tops of the rolls then cover with aluminum foil.
Cook until golden brown.
These sliders are best when served fresh from the oven.
You can serve these with a side of ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles or hot sauce and extra buffalo sauce for dipping. And don't forget the celery and carrots!
- I like to use Kings Hawaiian rolls but any will work. Use your favorite type of bun or whatever you have on hand. Brioche dinner rolls work well for sliders.
- The filling also works great as a buffalo chicken dip if you have extra or don’t have any rolls. Simply serve it with a vegetable platter or chicken kabobs.
- As a shortcut I sometimes use Tyson Grilled Chicken Strips. This really cuts back on the cook time since you do not have to prep raw chicken. The strips are super easy to heat up and cut into small, diced pieces.
- For some extra spice, replace the mozzarella cheese with pepper jack cheese.
- I recommend you freshly grate your own cheese as it melts more smoothly than pre-shredded cheese.
- This recipe makes 12 sliders, but if serving a large crowd you can easily make a double batch.
How To Store and Reheat
You can store your leftover sliders in the refrigerator for up to 3 days covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Reheat sliders in the oven rather than the microwave to keep the slight crisp of the buns.
Mozzarella cheese, Blue cheese, Pepper Jack and Monterey Jack cheese are great choices to pair with buffalo chicken.
You can use any kind of chicken you like! As a time saver you can use Tyson grilled chicken strips. They come pre-seasoned and save you prep and cook time. Pre-cooked rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded chicken is another great option. However, you can also cook or grill chicken breasts or thighs (if you prefer dark meat) to shred and use.
You can prepare the filling up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in the fridge covered with plastic wrap until ready to use.
More Chicken Recipes
I love to share easy recipes that can come together quickly and still taste amazing and this recipe is one of them.
I hope you enjoy this Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders On Hawaiian Rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1½ cups grilled chicken, shredded or diced
- 12 count Hawaiian rolls
- 1¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese four about 1 minute in a medium sized mixing bowl. This will help create a smooth filling for your sliders.
- Add the buffalo sauce and diced or shredded chicken to the mixing bowl and use the hand mixer on a medium speed to incorporate the sauce and chicken. Mix until the chicken is evenly distributed throughout the filling.
- Slice your Hawaiian rolls in half without separating them to create one large sheet for the top and bottom. Place the bottom sheet in a baking dish and spread the filling mixture over the rolls.
- Top the filling with mozzarella cheese and the other half of the rolls.
- Melt the butter and use a pastry brush to spread it over the top of the sliders.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and feel a little crisp.
- Serve and enjoy!