This easy, no-bake eggnog pie lets you enjoy your favorite holiday beverage in a creamy cheesecake filling. And since there’s no baking involved in this recipe, it’s a simple dessert that can be prepared beforehand. Perfect for any holiday gathering.
This is a must-make pie for Eggnog lovers! Make two if you have a large crowd because it will disappear quickly!
I love no-bake dessert recipes that I can prepare ahead of time, especially during the busy holiday season. This no-bake eggnog pie is one I like to make the day before and let chill in the refrigerator until it's time for dessert.
Another refreshing eggnog dessert you can make is this Eggnog Ice Cream. It only takes 5-ingredients to make this smooth and creamy dessert.
You won’t believe just how easy this eggnog pie is to make! That’s because you can prepare it with just a few simple ingredients. And this is a great way to use up any leftover eggnog.
See the printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
I made this pie with a pre-made graham cracker crust and cool whip to keep it quick and easy. But you can easily make a homemade crust and whipped cream if you prefer.
To make this easy holiday pie, you’ll need:
- Graham cracker pie crust - Store-bought or homemade. I have directions below if you want to make a graham cracker crust from scratch.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix - Make sure to get INSTANT pudding and not cook and serve pudding.
- Eggnog - Full-fat eggnog provides the best consistency for this pie.
- Frozen whipped topping - Makes it light and fluffy.
- Ground nutmeg - Sprinkled as a garnish on top to add more flavor.
This delicious dessert is packed to the brim with holiday flavor thanks to the use of eggnog in the filling! And since you don’t have to bake the pie before slicing and serving, it’s an easy treat for the Christmas season.
How To Make No-Bake Eggnog Pie
To make your own eggnog pie, start by mixing the filling.
First, combine the instant vanilla pudding and eggnog in a large bowl. Beat the two ingredients together until they’re fully combined and all the pudding is dissolved. Then, allow the pudding to rest for around five minutes until it has started to thicken.
Once the pudding is thick, add the thawed frozen whipped topping to the bowl and fold it in carefully. Slowly mix the whipped topping into the pudding to keep from over-mixing your filling.
Now that you have the filling ready to go, all that’s left to do is spread it into the pie crust. Pour the mixture into the crust and use a spoon or spatula to spread it in an even layer. Then, sprinkle some ground nutmeg over the top for decoration.
Place the finished pie in the refrigerator to chill for at least four hours. You can keep the pie in the fridge up to overnight before you slice and serve it to ensure the filling is fully set.
What kind of eggnog is best for eggnog pie?
Any flavor of eggnog will work with this recipe. Just make sure that your drink is the full-fat variety. Reduced-fat eggnog may not create the right consistency and texture when mixed with the pudding.
How To Make A Graham Cracker Crust
Using a store-bought crust is a great way to speed up the prep work of this simple dessert. But if you’d rather make your own crust from scratch, I've got directions on how to make it!
Making a homemade graham cracker crust is a pretty easy process. You’ll need:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
To prepare the crust, mix all the ingredients together until the crumbs begin to clump and stick. After that, transfer the crust mixture to a pie plate and lightly press it into the bottom and sides of the pan.
Bake the graham cracker pie crust at 375 degrees for around 7 minutes until the graham crackers are a deep golden brown. Make sure to allow your baked pie crust to cool completely before adding the eggnog pudding filling.
This pie crust can also be made without baking. Place the finished crust in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour. When the crust is solid, you can remove it from the fridge and add the filling. After that, return the pan to the refrigerator to give the pudding filling time to set up.
When you think of a classic Christmas party menu, eggnog is always on the list. And this eggnog pie recipe gives you the classic flavor in a delicious dessert. I hope you enjoy it!
No-Bake Eggnog Pie Recipe
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1½ cups eggnog (full-fat)
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ground nutmeg for topping
- In a large bowl, beat the pudding and eggnog together with an electric mixer until smooth. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened.
- Fold in the whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread the pie filling evenly into the pie crust and sprinkle the ground nutmeg over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before slicing and serving.