Enjoy this easy and delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika with simple ingredients that makes a flavorful dish the whole family will love.
The chicken is slow cooked with red peppers, green peppers, diced tomatoes, onion and chicken stock and seasoned with paprika for a easy delicious meal.
We like to have healthier chicken recipe options when menu planning and this one is a favorite. In the summer it's great paired with rice, fresh cucumbers, sliced tomatoes or this Squash, Zucchini and Tomato Casserole.
In the fall and winter months we like to serve it with sweet potatoes and Southern Green Beans for the perfect comfort food meal. It makes a simple easy dinner.
Chicken drumsticks are inexpensive so they are a budget friendly meal option. And they are kid friendly. Making them in the slow cooker saves time and provides tender flavorful drumsticks. So don't expect any leftovers!
I like to stock up on packs of chicken legs when they are on sale and freeze them. There are so many great inexpensive meals you can make with them.
How do I make these slow cooker drumsticks crispy?
If you prefer your drumsticks a little crispy around the edges you can place them in the oven before serving.
All you need to do is place the drumsticks on a baking sheet and that is lined with foil and broil for 2 to 3 minutes until it start to brown. You can flip them over and brown the other side if you want both side crispy. Just be sure and keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika Ingredients
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- chicken drumsticks
- minced garlic
- green pepper
- red bell pepper
- diced tomatoes
- chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
This simple ingredient list makes the best tasting chicken drumsticks!
How To Cook Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika
This is a really simple and easy recipe. You basically put it all in the slow cooker and it does all the work for you!
Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy.
- Don't remove the skin on the drumsticks. This protects it from drying out.
- If you don't have drumsticks you can use chicken thighs or boneless chicken breast.
- You can store any leftover chicken legs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
If you need more chicken recipes here are a few of our favorites!
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Legs
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika
- 1½ pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with rice, pasta or your favorite side dish.