This recipe for Baked Parmesan Chicken Thighs is a delicious dinner that is so easy to make. It is oven fried so it's perfectly crispy on the outside without using a frying pan and no oil!
This recipe is Keto and Low Carb compliant. It uses both grated and shredded parmesan.
Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Thighs
If you are a fan of chicken thighs you will love how easy it is to make this recipe and how juicy and flavorful the chicken is.
Chicken thighs are a great affordable choice that is full of flavor and this recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
Why Make This Recipe
- Uses simple ingredients
- Quick preparation time
- No-fuss recipe for busy weeknights
- Crispy skin with no frying
- Family friendly recipe
I like to keep recipes on hand that I can make when we are short on time but are also delicious and everyone will eat. This is one of those recipes.
- chicken thighs (this recipes uses skin on, bone in chicken thighs)
- grated Parmesan cheese
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
How To Make Parmesan Chicken Thighs In The Oven
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Then season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
Place the garlic powder, grated Parmesan cheese and shredded Parmesan Cheese in a sealable plastic bag.
Place one chicken thigh at a time into the bag. Then seal it and shake the bag until the chicken is coated in the seasoning mix.
Place all seasoned chicken pieces on a parchment lined, baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and golden brown. You should have an internal temperature of 165F.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Easy Side Dishes For Chicken
Below are some great options to serve as side dishes to these Chicken Thighs.
- Pasta salad
- Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted or Steamed Vegetables
- Green Beans
- Potato Salad
- Corn on the cob
- Garden Salad
- Dinner Rolls
According to the USDA, the safe cooking temperature for chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. To check the temperature insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken thigh and make sure the probe of the thermometer is not touching any bones.
If you want to add more flavor to the chicken you can season the chicken with smoked paprika and garlic powder and if you want to add some heat to it you can spice it up with some cayenne pepper.
Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leftover chicken is great added to wraps, salads, or tossed in some pasta for a quick lunch or dinner.
I hope you enjoy these delicious Baked Parmesan Chicken Thighs! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Baked Parmesan Chicken Thighs (Keto and Low Carb)
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Place the garlic powder, grated Parmesan cheese and shredded Parmesan Cheese in a sealable plastic bag.
- Place one chicken thigh at a time into the bag. Then seal it and shake the bag until the chicken is coated in the seasoning mix.
- Place all seasoned chicken pieces on a parchment lined, baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and golden brown. You should have an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.