These Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts make a quick and easy breakfast or dessert. They are a soft delicious comfort food that are light and fluffy.
Easy Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
If you have never made homemade donuts before you may think it's a lot of work. But it's easy when you bake them!
Homemade donuts are just better than store bought and making these will save you a trip to the store or donut shop.
These easy to make Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are topped with a delicious cinnamon sugar coating that will satisfy your sweet tooth. So good!
Are Baked Donuts Good?
Yes, they are so good that it's hard to eat just one! Homemade baked donuts are fluffy, sweet and delicious. And baking instead of frying them doesn't add any extra calories and fats to the donuts.
You get delicious donuts without all the extra work of having to fry them. Less mess and less clean up!
Why You Should Make These Cinnamon Donuts
- The are baked and not fried.
- Uses simple ingredients.
- Soft, light, airy and delicious.
- Dipped into a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Perfect flavor.
- Easy way to satisfy your donut craving.
These baked donuts are perfect to make for Easter brunch, Mother's Day or anytime you are craving donuts. And I think this is the best baked donut recipe you can make.
Plus this baked donut recipe is so easy to make and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
Serve these cinnamon sugar donuts for a quick breakfast with coffee or milk or as a special afternoon treat.
- all purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- buttermilk (can use whole milk)
- egg (at room temperature)
- vegetable oil
Cinnamon Coating Ingredients
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- melted unsalted butter
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two donut baking pans with non-stick spray.
*BAKING TIP: I used Wilton donut baking pans.
Whisk together the egg and oil in a medium sized bowl then mix in the buttermilk and vanilla.
Once you have added all the wet ingredients together you will add in the dry ingredients.
Add in the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Mix everything together just until combined. Don't overmix.
Spoon the batter into the donut wells in the pan. (The batter will be thin.) Or you can pour batter into a piping bag, cut the tip and squeeze the batter into each well. Fill the wells about ¾ of the way full.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
*BAKING TIP: These donuts do not turn golden brown.
Make the cinnamon sugar mixture while the donuts are baking. In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the coating.
Once donuts are done remove them from the oven and transfer to wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes before topping.
*BAKING TIP: Push a toothpick along the edge of a donut for easy removal from pan.
Brush melted butter over top of donuts, then dunk each one into the cinnamon sugar mixture coating. Be sure to coat all sides.
Best served while warm and fresh.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To avoid overcooking and drying out your donuts you will want to check your donuts for doneness a minute before the recommended baking time is up by inserting a toothpick into the center of the donut.
Let them cool completely then you can store the donuts in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. However, I think they are best the day they are made.
The best way to keep baked donuts moist is to cover them in plastic wrap, or seal them in a plastic bag or air tight container.
Place donut on a microwave-safe plate and reheat in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Start with minimum time and check it. Be careful not to overheat.
More Easy Baked Donut Recipes To Make
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk, (can use whole milk)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two donut baking pans with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the egg and oil in a medium sized bowl.
- Next mix in the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Then add in the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Mix everything together just until combined. Don't overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the donut wells in the pan. (The batter will be thin.) Fill the wells about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make the cinnamon sugar mixture while the donuts are baking.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the coating and set aside until the donuts are done.
- Once donuts are done remove from the oven and transfer to wire rack. Cool donuts for 10 minutes before topping.
- Brush melted butter over top of donuts, then dunk each one in the cinnamon sugar mixture coating. Be sure to coat all sides.
- Donuts are best served while warm.
I hope you enjoy these delicious baked donuts as much as we do!