This easy Slow Cooker Meatballs and Gravy recipe only uses five ingredients and starts with frozen meatballs for the ultimate comfort food that we like to serve over mashed potatoes.
Slow Cooker Meatballs And Gravy Is A Family Friendly Dinner
This meatballs and gravy recipe is perfect for when you need a easy dinner idea with ingredients that are simple and usually in your pantry and freezer. Perfect for busy weeknights.
Using a slow cooker is a great way to start dinner in the morning so you can come home to your main dish ready to eat.
This recipe is quick to assemble which is a huge bonus. All you need are frozen meatballs, brown gravy mix, cream of mushroom soup, onion and water.
Frozen meatballs are used in this recipe for convenience to save time. You can use store bought meatballs or homemade.
I like cooking at home to be easy by making simple meals that are delicious but not time consuming.
Recipe Substitutions and Variations
This meatball recipe is easy to make your own by adding ingredients your family prefers.
- For an extra creamy sauce mix in sour cream before serving.
- Add in additional seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley and black pepper for more flavor.
- You can use your favorite homemade meatball recipe instead of frozen.
- If you don't like cream of mushroom soup you can use cream of celery or cream of chicken soup instead.
- I do not recommend using Italian meatballs in this recipe. It's best made with homestyle or traditional meatballs.
How To Serve Meatballs and Gravy
These tender meatballs are delicious served over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or in a bowl over brown rice.
These are great served with green beans and a salad and crusty bread (to soak up the extra gravy) or with steamed vegetables like broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. Choose your favorite quick and easy sides.
- cream of mushroom soup
- packet brown gravy mix
- cup of water
- package of homestyle frozen meatballs
- small onion
How To Make Meatballs And Gravy In The Slow Cooker
STEP 1: In a medium bowl whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, brown gravy mix, and water.
STEP 2: Place the frozen meatballs in the bowl of a 6-quart slow cooker and then top with sliced onions.
STEP 3: Pour the gravy mixture over the top of the meatballs. Make sure all the meatballs are covered.
STEP 4: Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours until meatballs are fully cooked through.
Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Garnish with Parsley.
Five ingredients and only four steps to a delicious meal!
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container. These meatballs should stay fresh in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Leftovers make delicious meatball subs for lunch the next day! I love having leftovers to eat for lunch or dinner the next day. Cook once and eat twice!
How To Reheat Leftovers
We like to warm up leftovers in a saucepan on the stovetop but you can also reheat in the microwave.
If you enjoy slow cooker recipes like I do please check out all of our delicious slow cooker recipes.
I hope you try these slow cooker meatballs. They make a delicious meal that everyone will enjoy.
Slow Cooker Meatballs And Gravy
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 32 ounce package frozen meatballs
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, brown gravy mix, and water.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the top of the meatballs. Make sure all the meatballs are covered.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours until meatballs are fully cooked through.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.