Tender and delicious this Slow Cooker Italian Beef recipe is a easy weeknight dinner idea or makes a perfect meal for game day.
Put this Italian Beef recipe in your slow cooker in the morning and it will fill your home with a delicious aroma that will have your mouthwatering all day!
Different Ways to Serve Slow Cooker Italian Beef
Italian Beef is slow cooked all day which makes it very tender. It is perfect served on it’s own or for more variety and to use up any leftovers, here a few of our favorite ways to enjoy this recipe.
- Italian Beef Subs topped with provolone cheese and additional banana peppers
- Served over nachos
- Makes delicious quesadillas
- Great on top of a salad
- Perfect on a baked potato
- Easy dinner served over rice
How do I store leftovers
You can store leftover Italian Beef in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also save it in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 2 months.
2 pounds chuck roast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon pepper
½ tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 can low sodium beef broth
1 cup sliced banana peppers with juice
How To Make Italian Beef In The Slow Cooker
Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker and season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, parsley, and Italian seasoning. Then pour the beef broth around the meat.
Top the chuck roast with banana peppers and juice. Cover and cook on low for seven to eight hours or on high for four hours, until done.
Times will vary depending on size and thickness of chuck roast and type of slow cooker.
Shred the meat with two forks and return shredded meat to the slow cooker. Stir to combine it with the juices.
What to serve with Italian Beef
When we have this on subs we like to have french fries, sweet potato fries or onion rings. If serving over rice we like to have steamed broccoli.
Keep it simple for a easy meal that tastes great! Dinner doesn't have to be complicated.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 2 lb chuck roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 14 ounce can low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup sliced banana peppers with juice
- Place the chuck roast in the bowl of the crock pot and season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, parsley, and Italian seasoning.
- Then pour beef broth around the meat.
- Top chuck roast with banana peppers and juice.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours, until done.
- Shred the meat with two forks and then return the meat to the pot and stir to combine it with the juices.