This Chicken Parmesan Marinara Bake is the ultimate comfort food. A delicious blend of tender chicken with marinara sauce, melted cheese and Panko crumbs for a irresistible dish everyone will love!
My family really loved this Chicken bake recipe. It's great served over your favorite pasta or rice with a side salad or steamed vegetables and crusty bread.
If serving over pasta I recommend using linguine, rigatoni, or penne and if you prefer rice you can serve over white or brown rice.
I'm always looking for new twists on recipes and this one was a hit. If you're looking for a super delicious, yet still easy chicken marinara recipe, you are going to love this one!
This easy recipe is impressive enough to serve to guests at parties, birthday dinners or church potluck. I like to serve it next to a bowl of pasta or rice so guests can add pasta to their plate and spoon the Chicken Parmesan Marinara Bake over it. So good!
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- olive oil
- Seasonings - For this recipe you will need Garlic that is crushed and finely chopped, red pepper flakes and dried parsley.
- Chicken breast halves - This recipes uses skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1” pieces.
- Marinara sauce - You can use homemade Marinara sauce or your favorite jarred marinara. I like Rao’s brand sauce.
- Italian seasoning - Add to your favorite Marinara sauce for extra flavor.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - For best results I recommend freshly grating your own cheese as it melts more smoothly than pre-shredded cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese - Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for best flavor.
- Panko crumbs - Panko breadcrumbs give it a crispy texture on top.
- Melted butter - Mixed with breadcrumbs to add some crunch.
To get started with this Chicken Parmesan Marinara Bake, gather all your ingredients to make it easier in the kitchen!
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Marinara Bake
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease casserole dish. Set aside.
Season the diced chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. Heat the oil in a fry pan and sear the chicken on both sides, making sure to only do a few pieces at a time to keep the chicken from steaming.
Mix Italian seasoning into marinara sauce and pour half the sauce into bottom of casserole dish. Add the chicken and top with remaining marinara sauce. Then add 1/2 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan over chicken.
In a small bowl, combine the Panko, dried parsley, and butter. Sprinkle the Panko on top of the cheese and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Recipe Note: If you prefer a crispy Panko topping don't add a layer of cheese on top of it.
Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted, and golden on top.
Follow USDA guidelines and make sure the chicken reaches a safe cooking temperature of 165°F internally and is longer pink inside.
Allow the dish to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this easy Chicken Parmesan Bake! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Parmesan Marinara Chicken Bake
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease casserole dish. Set aside.
- Season the diced chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and sear the chicken on both sides, making sure to only do a few pieces at a time to keep the chicken from steaming.
- Mix Italian seasoning into marinara sauce and pour half the sauce into bottom of casserole dish. Add the chicken and top with remaining marinara sauce. Then add 1/2 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, dried parsley, and butter. Sprinkle the panko on top of the cheese and then sprinkle the remaining cheese over panko crumbs.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the cheese is completely melted and golden on top.
- Allow the dish to cool for approximately 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!