These no bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls are quick and easy with only five wholesome ingredients. Perfect for a quick breakfast or protein packed afternoon snack.
Made with a handful of simple ingredients and it tastes better than anything store bought! And they are so versatile. You can substitute ingredients to make your own favorite flavors.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy - Just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes is all it takes to make these easy oatmeal balls.
- No Baking Required - Make a quick snack without heating up the kitchen.
- Kid-Friendly - These are a hit with adults and kids.
- Versatile - Easy to swap out ingredients for ones that your family will love.
- Freezer-Friendly - Make a double batch and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This is a easy snack to make that everyone will love and will satisfy that sweet tooth. These are delicious and will become a favorite snack for a boost of energy to get you through the day.
This recipe is a favorite on Pinterest. Save this Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls Pin so you will have it to make later.
See printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
You don't need a lot of ingredients to make this simple recipe. I bet you already have a lot of them on hand! Here's what you will need:
- old fashioned oats
- creamy peanut butter (or nut butter)
- coconut flakes
- mini chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Add old-fashioned oats, peanut butter, honey, coconut flakes and mini chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl and mix until everything is combined well. Cover with a lid and put in refrigerator for one hour.
Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and place on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
You can use a cookie scoop to make the balls a consistent size.
Place balls in the refrigerator to set. Once set transfer balls to airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe Substitutions And Additions
- You could add ground Flax seeds, Chia seeds, hemp seeds or Wheat bran.
- Try mini dark chocolate chips, semi-chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
- Use almond butter or sunflower butter instead of peanut butter.
- Raisins or Craisins are great additions to this recipe.
How To Store
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Freezer: Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. I recommend freezing them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for two hours to avoid them freezing in a clump and then transfer them to an air tight container or freezer-safe bag.
When ready to eat thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight.
I hope you enjoy these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or nut butter)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Add all ingredients to large bowl and mix until everything is combined well.
- Cover with a lid and put in refrigerator for one hour.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and place on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Place balls in the refrigerator for one hour to set.
- Once set transfer balls to airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.