This Baked Crack Chicken Recipe is a easy dinner that is loaded with flavor. Tender chicken breasts topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, cream cheese and ranch make a delicious meal the whole family will love.
Baked Crack Chicken Is Also Called Ranch Chicken!
Some people call this recipe crack chicken and others call it Ranch Chicken. Either way it's a family friendly meal that every one will love.
This recipe is quick and easy to make. It's low-carb and keto-friendly. And since it's made with chicken topped with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon it's also a kid friendly recipe!
Who doesn't love that flavor combination?
I recommend freshly grating your own cheese as it melts more smoothly than pre-shredded cheese.
Cube your cream cheese and set it on the counter to soften for about 30 to 45 minutes so it will be easier to blend without lumps.
If you like more seasoning you can add onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika to the chicken in addition to the salt and pepper.
I used sharp cheddar cheese but you can switch that out and use any cheese that you prefer or have on hand such as mild Cheddar, Colby Jack, Monterey Jack or even something a little spicy like Pepper Jack cheese.
You can use cooked turkey bacon if you prefer.
Best Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken
You can serve this with a BLT Salad With Homemade Croutons, Green Beans, Baked Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries, Air Fryer baked potatoes, or Old Fashioned Potato Salad. Any of these would be great side choices for baked crack chicken.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cream cheese
- package of ranch dressing mix
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Baked Crack Chicken
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Halve two skinless, boneless chicken breasts horizontally to create 4 filets.
Place the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. Spread the mixture over the top of each chicken breast.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until cooked through per USDA guidelines.
Then remove and top with shredded cheese and the cooked bacon and return to oven.
Bake for 10 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
How To Store Leftover Chicken
You can store in the refrigerator covered in an airtight container for up to 3 days per USDA recommendations.
Favorite Kitchen Gadgets
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid is a must have in my kitchen. I love that it has a lid for easy travel and storage.
These 100% Ring Spun Cotton Dish Towels are soft and absorbent.
Love this Vintage Apron with pockets.
Every kitchen needs a great knife set like this Kitchen Knife Set with Block.
Here are some of our favorite chicken recipes you might like to try!
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Thighs
- Ranch Cheddar Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs with Parmesan Gravy
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken and Bacon Nachos
Baked Crack Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to create 4 filets
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. Spread the mixture over the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked all the way through.
- Then remove and top with shredded cheese and the cooked bacon and return to oven. Bake for 10 more minutes, until cheese is melted.