This delicious Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe only takes 10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes in the the oven. It's perfect served for game day or the ultimate party appetizer!
We like to serve this dip with tortilla chips, crackers, crostini, or celery sticks and carrot sticks.
This is one of our favorite appetizers. And since we love the flavor of buffalo sauce we also like to make these Buffalo Chicken Sliders to go with the dip!
If you need an easy and delicious dip this is it! The flavor is amazing. The buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, cheddar jack cheese, and cream cheese are perfect together! It's always a staple at our family gatherings and a crowd-pleaser.
See the printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
Just a few simple ingredients are all you need to make the best buffalo chicken dip recipe!
- cooked chicken, finely chopped
- cream cheese, softened
- ranch dressing
- buffalo sauce
- shredded cheddar jack cheese
- blue cheese crumbles
- Green onion for garnish
How To Make Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce.
Then transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish. (I used a cast iron skillet.) Spread into an even layer and then top with the shredded cheddar jack cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
Bake for 20 minutes, until the dip is bubbly and the cheese on top is melted.
Garnish with chopped green onion before serving.
How To Store
Place the dip in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat individual servings in the microwave. I do not recommend freezing this dip.
- I like to use full-fat cream cheese to get a creamier texture and flavor. Low-fat versions tend to have a runnier texture.
- This recipe uses already-cooked chicken. A rotisserie chicken is a great time saver and works well in this dip. You can also use leftover chicken, baked or boiled chicken breasts that are chopped or shredded. Canned chicken will even work if you are in a pinch. Just make sure to drain it.
- If you can't find cheddar jack cheese, you can replace it with a Mexican blend cheese.
Yes. If you don't have cream cheese you can use sour cream instead. However, using sour cream will make the dip thinner.
My favorite is Frank's Redhot® Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce. You can use whichever brand of buffalo sauce you prefer, including homemade.
If you need a few more appetizer ideas for your next party here are three more to try.
I hope you enjoy this easy Buffalo Chicken Dip! If you try this recipe, please come back and rate it and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce.
- Spread the mixture in a small baking dish.
- Top with the shredded cheddar jack cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the dip is bubbly and the cheese on top is melted.
- Top with chopped green onion before serving.