These Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are like bites of strawberry goodness. They're soft and chewy, and the white chocolate chips make them extra special. You can drizzle a sugary glaze on top and add some sprinkles for a fun touch.
They're perfect for Valentine’s Day or any time you’re in the mood for something sweet!
I love these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies! They're an easy sweet treat for every day, and the pink hue makes them a perfect Valentine’s Day, Mother's Day, or baby shower dessert.
The best part is that they’re a breeze to make. Just mix together eggs, melted butter, and a strawberry cake mix. So easy!
The white chocolate chips take these cookies to another level. They add this perfect sweetness that complements the strawberry flavor so well. And if you're feeling a bit extra, go for the glaze and sprinkles!
I love to make a double batch and freeze some cookie dough balls. That way, you can have freshly baked cookies whenever the mood strikes.
For serving, they're fantastic with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The warm cookie and cold ice cream combo is pure heaven!
See the printable recipe card below for all ingredients, specific measurements, and complete instructions.
- Eggs: Adds moisture and helps bind the ingredients together.
- Butter: Melted butter adds to the soft texture of the cookies.
- Strawberry cake mix: The star ingredient, giving the cookies a delightful strawberry flavor and a vibrant pink color.
- White baking chips: Adds sweetness and a creamy texture to the cookies.
- Optional toppings: Make a simple glaze with powdered sugar and milk, and you can also top them with festive sprinkles!
How To Make Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
First, preheat your oven to 350º. While that's heating up, grab a large bowl and whisk together the eggs. Then, pour in the melted butter and give it a good stir.
Now, add the strawberry cake mix to the bowl. Stir until everything is nicely combined.
Time for the white baking chips – add those in and stir again.
Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of the dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Remember to leave some space between them since these cookies like to spread out.
Put the cookie sheet into the center of the oven and let them bake for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them – we want that perfect soft and chewy texture.
Once your strawberry cookies are out, let them cool. If you're feeling festive, mix powdered sugar and milk for a glaze and drizzle it over the cooled cookies. You can also add sprinkles to make them even more fun.
- Add chocolate chips: Swap the white chocolate chips for milk or dark chocolate chips for a classic chocolate and strawberry combo.
- Add nuts. Add a crunch by mixing in chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecans, to the cookie dough.
- Give them a citrus twist. For a citrusy kick, add the zest of an orange or lemon to the dough. It'll com
Can I use a different cake mix flavor for these cookies?
Absolutely! While this recipe specifically calls for a strawberry cake mix, feel free to experiment with other flavors like chocolate, vanilla, or even lemon to create unique cookie variations.
Are cake mix cookies soft or crunchy?
Cake mix cookies tend to be soft and chewy, especially if baked for the right duration. They have a cake-like texture rather than being crunchy.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Freezing
Make Ahead: To prepare these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies ahead of time, you can mix the dough and shape it into balls. Store the dough in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
Store: Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep them fresh for a more extended period, consider placing them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just be sure to bring them to room temperature before serving to regain their soft texture.
Freeze: For longer-term storage, freeze the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer them to a sealed container or a resealable plastic bag. When the craving strikes, you can bake the frozen dough balls directly, adding a couple of extra minutes to the baking time.
- Ensure your butter is fully melted but not hot. This will give your cookies a smooth texture.
- Leave enough space between cookie dough balls on the baking sheet. This allows the cookies to spread out evenly during baking.
- Keep an eye on the cookies in the oven. For a soft and chewy texture, bake them for around 10 minutes. They may look slightly undercooked when you take them out, but they'll firm up as they cool.
- If you're using the glaze, let the cookies cool completely before drizzling. This prevents the glaze from melting into the warm cookies.
Here are a few more delicious and easy cookie recipes to try!
- Lemon Pound Cake Cookies
- Honey Bun Cookies
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old Fashioned Lemon Sugar Cookies
I love these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies because they're like bites of happiness – soft, sweet, and bursting with strawberry flavor. They're so easy to make, and once you try them, you'll be hooked!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 7 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- ½ cup white baking chips
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and butter together.
- Add in the strawberry cake mix and stir just until combined and a dough forms.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon and drop balls of cookie dough onto an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Leave 2 inches between each to allow room for cookies to spread.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan.
- Make the glaze while the cookies cool. In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk together to make a glaze.
- Drizzle over cookies, and add sprinkles (optional).